Chapter Seventeen

Author's note:Daredevil Suite - John Paesano

__________________________________

Alexandria's P.O.V

NOTHING!

I couldn't find anything regarding Agent Orange, Rawlins, or Russo!

Slamming my laptop shut, I made a frustrated screech/growl combination, and tossed the device to the side.

All I could find was basic information about Rawlins and Russo. And Micro even had to hack into some cites for me with Russo.

Rawlins was the leader of Operation Cerberus. Okay, I knew that. Billy Russo was apart of it, and was now a millionaire Security Agency CEO.

Not a lot of info to go on.

I grabbed my list...he was the last name on it.

Rawlins had something to do with my parents' untimely demise. I just don't know what, yet.

Tossing the list and files back into my drawer, I sighed.

It's almost midnight...where's Frank?

When he wasn't here, I felt...worried. Dread. Everything that was involved with concern, I was feeling.

Was he hurt? Did Russo do something!? Did he abandon us?

Just as my thoughts became maddening...the garage began to open. It could only be Frank. My nerves cooled off slightly.

"Finally..." I sat up from the bed. "Frank? Is that you?"

No response. Only the sound of a body dropping. From the sound of it, it happened in the kitchen.

"...Micro...?"

I slowed my walk to the bedroom door. Well, it was more like a barn sliding door...but a door nonetheless.

"Lieberman!?"

Still, I was left in that horrible, eerie silence.

As I was about to cross the threshold, the sound of something dropping rang out again. Only, it was much closer.

In the center of my room, close.

"Micro's down and out for the count, I'm afraid."

That voice.

So velvety, and soft spoken.

He didn't dare approach me, letting me take in the moment for myself.

I whirled around, meeting the Demon's eyes. Or...I guess that'd be denoting his actual title.

The Devil of Hell's Kitchen stood in the center of my room, as silent as a stray whisper.

"...Matt...?"

His hostile and menacing demeanor melted away.

"Alexandria..."

"MATT!" I sprang into his arms, Daredevil catching me effortlessly.

"ALEX!"

I hadn't seen him in years! It was a relief to know he was doing okay, and that our relationship hadn't been forgotten.

Murdock had always been a big brother to me...we took care of each other. Even if I felt alone in the world, and no matter how much I believed it...I did have one person I could always fall back on when things got rough.

He put me down, but held on to my arms.

"It's really good to see you, Alex." He smiled down on me.