Chapter Twenty-Nine

Author's note:You Do Something To Me, by Paul Weller

The lyrics are not mine

Enjoy :D

__________________________________

Alexandria's P.O.V

I'm in love with you.

I stand there, frozen. Hearing him say those words...it had me in a snare. No, a steel trap with impenetrable bars.

"I don't just want you, girl. I want your heart all to myself," Frank stood tall, casting his shadow and determined gaze down upon me. "It's greedy, and selfish, maybe even deadly - but I don't care. Never did. 'Cause it was you, all along...all that time, I waited 'round in a lonesome world, and I'm done waitin' for somethin' that's standin' right in front of me."

Snapping out of the trance he put me in, I looked down from his burning gaze.

"...Maybe...maybe I'm done waiting around, too. I don't know what love feels like, but," My hand pressed onto his chest, feeling the powerful beat it caged. There was no nervous flutter, or skip...a confident, steady beat. Everything mine wasn't. "I think it would feel something like this."

"Do you love me?"

"...I-..." No longer did I want him at arm's length, and never having the strength to let go. But deep down, I knew...I wasn't worth his love. "If I say yes, you'll only be hurt in the long run. I'm not worth it-"

His uninjured arm wrapped around the waist, keeping me from escaping. It was like he knew what I was thinking before I even considered it.

"Stop..." Castle cooed softly. "It hurts my heart to hear you cry out all of that nonsense."

The constricting wrap of his arm prohibits an easy escape.

But I didn't want to.

"I'm scared of it..."

"People like us, we're allowed to love again. It's hard, I get that, but it's inevitable. Believe me, it feels like I'm betrayin' all that I've fought for and loved in another life, but they're gone. I have to let myself move on...but that doesn't mean I'll ever forget."

The eternal pain that raged within was too much to bare anymore. It was like a dam with ravines for cracks, and just needed some incentive to burst.

"Frank, I-...I'm in love with you, too. The truth is, I've secretly wanted this. Wanted you - all along, it was you my heart cried out for. Someone to take the pain away...let me know that I wasn't alone in this world," I gulped in a pocket of shaky air, but it did nothing to calm the lightning striking my nerves. "You do something to me."

"Somethin' deep inside..." A string of harmony passed through his lips. It caught me dead, and was the thing that did the murder. "Sorry, you just reminded me of a song I like."

Hopeful, I perk my gaze up to his.

"Are you gonna play a small something for this lonesome girl...?"

"Bum arm," Frank says with an exaggerated sigh. "But, uh - you got some headphones?"

"A small pair of earbuds, up in the cot I've been sleeping in."

"Get 'em."

Confused, I tilted my head, ashy blonde hair going passed the shoulder and everything.

"What're you up to, Castle?"

"Nothin'..." He cheekily smiled, that suspicious spark in his irises flickering. "Just go get 'em. I'll be here, waitin'..."

"And while you're at it, put a shirt on. Wouldn't want The Punisher down and out because of a bad flu."