Chapter Eleven

Alexandria's P.O.V

I swiveled around the fallen tree, my blade lethal and precise. From the sound of gargling on the other side, it was a clear indication that Gunner got this target.

Frank grabbed the guns, and limped down hill, per Micro's request.

We waited the ten seconds, once in a secure location of course...and like clockwork, the pair of hired guns reported in their fallen brothers.

The Punisher did what he did best. The rifle only disposed of two shots...both lethal hits.

It was just us, and two more unfortunate people.

I spot one from the right side of my vision. We were lucky, that they didn't spot us first. Or...I was more lucky, to be honest.

The pain in my back is immense, nearly crippling...but this hired gun was still no match for me.

It was a fast hunt, my blade sliced what it needed to. He went down all the same...now there was only one.

Frank is weakening, I have to be the one to end this. I can't, no, WON'T let Castle die. Not today, not tomorrow, never.

He'll make it through this. I owe him that much.

The soldier pointed his gun every which direction, paranoia and fear controlling his actions. It left him vulnerable...and gave me an easy kill.

He screamed madly as I approached, but unfortunately for him, the rifle clicked. No bullet, no spark from the hot metal grinding together.

The only sound left was his scream echoing through the forest. And then, beautiful silence.

I slid the blade back into its sheath. Styx would be proud, seeing the absolute monster I've become over the years. He wanted me to be a cold-blooded killer.

For his war.

However, I didn't know when that was. Or when he would summon me...but I knew what I had to do now.

I had to help Frank.

He had pinned himself with Gunner, leaning up against a fallen tree.

"You got 'em?"

"All of them."

He responded with a weak flash of a smile.

Castle was in pain...bleeding heavily. The scarlet liquid dripped all over his clothing.

Gunner was even worse. Breathing heavily, his stomach leaked the fluid even more rapidly than Frank. His wheezes...they were horrible.

"If I don't make it out of here," He turned to his friend, Gunner's morbid words and expression catching me off guard. "I want you to bury me-"

"Don't you dare. We'll make it out of this, you here me?" He said with such determination.

Not even imminent death could stop The Punisher.

Suddenly, my knees felt weak. I stumbled next to the two, a wave of sheer fire and anguish is all I can describe it as.

The wound must've opened more than it was intended to.

"Go...get your girl and yourself help. Just promise me you'll come back to bury me. I always figured I'd die in these woods, anyway..."

"Gunner...you're not...dyin'. I'll come back for you..."

Frank can barely get up. I have to push myself, control the pain, control my nerves...but before I know it, we're stumbling through the underbrush.