Chapter Thirty-Five

Author's note: Frank's Farewell - Tyler Bates

Another dream sequence up ahead! FWI, this song will be in the next chapter!

~Text like this~ is a indication of it!

__________________________________

Frank's P.O.V

~A warm bed.

The feeling of her.

She lays within my arms, alive, and breathing. The strands of her ashy blonde hair tangle on my fingers as I gently pull on them...heh, my girl's gonna kill me once she sees all of those knots at the end.

Oh boy, and when she finds out I was the cause of it? I'm a dead man.

Such a tough, stubborn girl...all bite, no bark.

Having her cuddled up next to me, after all of it. I glance at her top piece of clothing, less occupied hand gliding down to the left side. The bullet hole was gone, and Alex was unscathed.

Her nightwear was just like it was in the factory. It was so...so parallel...maybe this was the reality. Everything was flawless. The sweatpants, shirt...the way she curled up on my chest, and grabbed onto the shoulders...

Everything was perfect.

In a sudden tighten I felt from her, the breath she takes lets me know...I woke her up.

Not a word leaves my girl's lips. She made it painfully obvious I had disturbed her sleep, with a light grumble.

"G'mornin'..."

"You woke me up..." She responds, driving her face into me.

A chuckle leaves, and I pull her closer - if that's even possible.

"I missed you."

"How long have I been asleep?" She yawns, prying herself out of my hold.

"Ever since you hit the bed. I had trouble maneuverin' around you, not to mention your cold hands stealin' my precious heat away when I finally found a sweet spot."

"Thank you for that, by the way."

As I sit up, a hand outstretches to cling to the side of her face. She leans into the touch, and held onto the wrist like her life depended on it.

My girl - in a fantasy, I can touch you. Have you. Feel you and the love you give me...but in reality...you're miles away.

"...Where are you...?" I growl, suffering with the turmoil of her not being here.

"Not here," Alex starts. "But...neither are you, in a way..."

Her violet eyes avoid a lock, nearly closed...but watery. The tears start to burn down the corners of her eyes, and left slight trails.

"Y-You're going after Russo. I just know you are."

"I have to."

Alex barred her teeth, holding in the sobs that she so desperately wanted to release. It broke me. Not just that, shattered me and grounded the shards into a fine powder.

"Hey, HEY-" I pull her close again. Alexandria takes in a sharp breath, and tried to tear herself away...but I wouldn't let her. "You listen to me, and you listen good. I ain't lettin' him walk away after what he did. Not gonna happen."