Chapter Thirty

Alexandria's P.O.V

With every yell that came out of Castle, I recoiled from the sheer amount of noise he produced. He was really letting Micro have it for what he told Madani.

Honestly, we don't even know that much about Madani...but it doesn't mean she's any less of a threat.

Even if Frank didn't need any backup, I was there to say what he couldn't scream.

"You just jepordized us all! Matt will have to leave-" As those words left my mouth, he passed me a hard shoulder glare. Frank's so jealous of Matt...he didn't need to be. "A-And we could all go into custody! You, me, and Frank is the most wanted man in America! What do you think they'll do to him when they catch him!?"

"If." He corrects me, walking to the work table with a tactical vest tight in his grasp.

"If...?"

"I'm outta here."

"WHAT!?" I exclaimed, walking after him in a rush. "B-BUT YOU PROMISED YOU'D HELP!"

"Yeah, that was until Micro went lone wolf on this entire operation..." He snatched a canister of white spray paint, and threw down his battletorn vest. The bullet imprints were prominent, like deadly markers of past experiences.

"No, no! YOU ruined it, too! Going after that bomber and getting yourself discovered, this is also your fault!" I couldn't believe it! After all we shared, AFTER EVERYTHING - HE WAS JUST GOING TO ABANDON ME!? "Did you even consider what it would do to me...?"

"Yeah," The paint sprays on the black kevlar, staining it with a streak of white. "And that's why I want you to come with me."

"I promised him I'd see this through! He deserves to go home as much as we deserve a peaceful life...Frank," I grabbed his tensed bicep, feeling it relax under my touch. "Stay with me...please...or did you not really mean what you said...?"

Castle glanced into my desperate eyes, and held the look.

"Of course I did..." Castle sank into a sincere expression. His hand leaves the spray paint can on the table, and latches onto the side of my face.

From the side of my vision, I saw Micro lean over to Matt.

"Did I miss somethi-OOF!"

Murdock was quick with his elbow, and even quicker when he dragged Micro off into the shadows of the factory. A scolding from the Devil...how fitting.

"I have obligations here, Frank. I-I-"

"I know." The Punisher let out a low, guttural growl. It wasn't threatening, never intended to be - that rumble was more soothing then anything else.

"Y-You were just gonna leave...? Without a word...?"

"Never. I wouldn't go anywhere without you taggin' along." Castle pressed his lips into the top of my head, leaving me weak...vulnerable. He was the only person that could make me feel this way.

And would be the only one.

"So...when this is over..." Frank grasp fell down to the underside of my jaw, tilting a violet gaze up to his wildfire-esk eyes. "Will you stay by my side and run with me?"

Sinking into his touch, my own latched onto his wrist...holding him close. A smirk rippled through me, and let a light giggle escape.

"You're so dramatic..."

"I'm a wanted man, Alexandria. They'll find me if we sit here in this factory like sittin' ducks. Wherever you go, I go...when you move, I move," The left tip of his mouth twitched, allowing himself to smile. "You're the light at the end of the tunnel - my reason to keep goin'...I love you, girl."