Chapter Eighteen

Alexandria's P.O.V

I rubbed alcohol on his wounds, and iced the bruises. He shifted uncomfortably with every press and wipe, but it was worth it to relieve his pain.

"Why was he here...?" Frank growled, wincing as the ice touched the center of his cheek.

"He was here for me. I didn't call him, if that's what you're thinking."

"I know, I know," Castle grabbed my wrist, stopping me from aiding him any further. "I just saw him, and - well, you get the picture. I...I didn't like him bein' that close to you. It set me off."

I scraped my touch across his chest, and stopped right at the muscle on his shoulders. His arms fell across my back, pulling me up onto him.

"So..." He started.

"So...are we continuing with our war?"

"I came up with a plan to locate Agent Orange. If this guy ran with me on Operation Cerberus, then he's probably got connections with the ring leaders. Morty Bennett's our guy, then. Follow Morty Bennett, we figure out who Agent Orange is."

"Smart," I rested my head against his chest, sinking into the rhythmic beat of his heart. "Am I coming along, or do you want me to stay behind?"

"I'm goin' lone wolf durin' the first part of it, but I'll need you trackin' the phone for phase two."

"Alright..." Worry was the only thing hued in my tone.

"My girl," He pressed his lips into the top of my head, followed by a slow stroke up my arm. "It'll be fine. We'll make it out alive, and hey - I still gotta hold up my end of the deal."

"And you have to get along with Daredevil."

"Too late to add anythin', doll." As he sat up, I'm forced up as well. I go to leave, but his wrap on my waist halted me. It was unbreakable.

There was still a hesitation in me, one I couldn't explain. I wanted him, badly, and every day I was reminded of that...but why couldn't I say it?

Why couldn't I say all of these things...?

I wanted to, so badly.

"I feel like you've been asking all the questions, Castle. Can I finally ask you something?"

"Mm...?"

"What did Billy want with you?"

"...It doesn't matter." He said simply, but that pause in the beginning of it made me think otherwise. "Just some offer..."

"What was it?"

"Nothin' important - I ain't takin' it anyway. I've got too much stuff to do here, and I-" Frank cut himself short. "Nevermind."

"And you...what?" The distance between us was nonexistent. It was getting harder and harder each day to force a space...

"...I've got somethin' special here that needs protection..."

My eyes widened, mouth now agape.

Daredevil must've been deafened by the rapid beat in my heart.

"Castle..."

"Yeah, I know what I said." His gruff snarl was irresistible. There was something so hypnotic about Frank's voice, it made me weak. It wasn't just that, it was the way he said things as well.

"Do I...?"

"Seems so."

Our lips locked, his kiss no longer gentle and cautious. My hands wrapped around his jaw, in an attempt to keep him close.

He wasn't going anywhere while he had me right where he wanted me.

"We need to pack the van." I said through a break.

"Mhm."

"I'm serious, this is me leaving."

The next kiss that followed was fiery...he wasn't letting me go, or giving me a chance to fight back.

As it began to weaken, I felt the shift underneath his lips. A smirk rippled across, causing it to spread over to me.

" 'Member...when you leave, it's the loneliest feelin' in the world. You really wanna rip my heart out like that? I don't think I can survive another disappearance."

"I'm called Phantom for a reason." The hold I had on his face slowly dropped down his chest. His did the same, releasing me from the cage he made with his arms.

"Why? You hauntin' graves at night?" He teased.

"Shut up, Castle. I've got some guns to load up. You coming?"

"Yes, ma'am."

When I walked, he walked. When I turned, he turned...my shadow.

Frank was protection and security I didn't know I wanted...or...

Needed.

Daredevil and Micro looked up at us as we passed. The gun rack was swiftly emptied and everything we needed was taken into account for.

"So..." Matt snarled, appearing by Frank so suddenly, you would've sworn he had teleported. Maybe he did. "How many are going to die?"

"What did I say 'bout stayin' outta my way and business...?"

The two turned to face each other.

"Boys..." I said in a demeaning tone.

"Maybe you should be the one behavin'. After all, I've got my priorities and you've got your's. Just don't get in the crossfire."

Daredevil passed Frank, their shoulder tips bumping aggressively.

"I plan to."

Ugh...men.