Chapter 30

The ride home wasn't too loud. Wonho tried to break the ice every now and then, but I didn't give in.

By the time he tried starting a conversation for the 11th time, I had already put the car in park mode in the garage and stepped out of it to which he quickly mimicked my moves.

We headed into the lobby waiting for the elevator, I could feel his eyes staring into me concerned.

That was my signal to paint a smile and go.

-"Thank you for today." I said softly.

-"Yeah of course! But uhm... may I ask you something?" He asked anxiously.

-"Shoot" I said as the elevator clung when it arrived and opened the doors for us to step in.

-"... What's going to happen in an hour? Or in 45 minutes to be more precise?" He asked as he checked his watch on his left hand.

-"The majority of the people at that club are getting poisoned from hydrochloric acid right now. What a good thing we left before we could've been put in that danger." I said with a smile.

-"Where exactly... ehem w-where exactly is the poison?" He asked as he started to coldly sweat and itch his collarbone.

-"The lemons." I said.

-"THE LEMONS!?" He shouted in panic with big wide eyes looking down on me searching for an answer.

-"Yes." I reassured him.

-"BUT I ORDERED A MOJITO, WHAT IF I HAD GOTTEN THE CHANCE TO DRINK IT?! DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA WHAT KIND OF DANGER YOU-" he didn't get the chance to finish since I grabbed his cheek and kissed him deeply, calming him down.

-"But you didn't get a chance... I stopped you just in time. And I know my girlfriends down like drinks with lemons, in fact they avoid them since Michelle is deadly allergic to lemons and they don't want to risk anything. And grandma doesn't fancy lemons. So everyone is safe." I told him and then went back to kissing him.

But I didn't get to kiss him too much because he pushed me away slowly and softly.

-"I'm sorry... I don't know how to feel about it... about you-" he said but I interrupted him quickly.

-"Who said I did it?" I asked him confused still looking into his eyes as he was looking away.

-"I got tipped off." I said and let go of his face to look into my purse as I got a notification from my phone.

*Notification: Text message from 'Michelle🥰'*
'Hey girl! I hope you and your man are okay, apparently a mass poisoning has happened caused by lemons or something like that. Either way, stay safe and love you 🙄💜'

I smiled at her choice of emojis and looked back at Wonho who still seemed upset about the incident.

-"Then..." he mumbled something still looking into the floor.

-"Huh?" I asked him.

-"...Then why didn't you tell the people in there?" The asked finally looking into my eyes, but in a concerned way.

-"You'll find out why soon enough. Hopefully not in an ugly way." I said as the doors opened up and I stepped out of the elevator and made my way into my apartment.

He cautiously followed after me and didn't say anything else.

I took off my coat, shoes and placed my purse on the kitchen counter. I slowly started to undress but I didn't get a chance to continue as a voice stopped me.

A hand was placed on my shoulder and a pair of lips where almost stroking my ear as I heard his whisper:

-"Will you let me help you?" He asked, letting his other hand placing itself on my hip.

-"I could... but I know a different way that we should have fun in..." I turned around and stroke his lip with my thumb.

-"How?" He asked as he looked deep into my eyes, more relaxed than a few seconds ago not coping with what was actually happening.

-"We still have a deal on the line... so how about... we only make out. And cuddle. Watch movies. Eat something. And sleep. But nothing more than that, okay?" My eyes finally left his lips and travelled up to his and they met.

-"I'd love that." He said, and kissed my neck as he was holding my waist.

And so that's exactly what we did. We ate. Watched a movie. Made out. And cuddled to sleep.

The next day though, he woke up to an empty bed. He could still feel my aura in the room... he still smelled the sweet scent of my signature perfume.

He was so obsessed with the idea of me being on top of him, that he didn't know if he could wait another day till that deal ends.

So he picked up his phone and called me.

-"Hello?" A female voice was heard on the other end with a mixture of people speaking in the background.

-"Where are you, angel?" He asked with a deep and raspy morning voice causing the butterflies in her stomach to go crazy.

-"Good morning to you too mr. Wonho, I am in a meeting with mr. Nam over here. We are discussing a stock purchase right now. Is there perhaps any chance that I could call you later?" I asked formally due to the fact that he was on speaker, and Mr. Nam also greeted him after I finished speaking.

-"Ah, YES OF COURSE EHEEEM..." he cleared his throat and his voice was far more pitched than in the beginning because of the embarrassment as he came to the realization of what just happened.

-"Well then, goodbye Mr. Wonho. I'll speak to you later." I said and hung up the phone.

I cleared my throat lightly and Mr. Nam took the first step to put sound into this quiet room.

-"So... are you and Wonho like a thing?" He asked me with a heavy American accent.

-"Pardon sir, what do you mean?" I asked him feeling my face burning and seeing my red reflection it the window.

-"I mean, are you guys dating?" He asked boldly really trying to get his message clear across my mind.

-"No, of course not sir. We are just coworkers for the moment and it shall remain that way as we both want to maintain the professionalism at this workplace that we both share." I started ranting noticing that I slightly panicked in my answer making me sound more unbelievable.

I looked away as Mr. Nam was shocked at my response and was at loss of words.

-"That's good to hear, because I really wanted to make a move on you. Although... something tells me you aren't telling me the truth... so I don't want to try anything funny in the moment. You look really adorable when you're flustered, by the way!" He said with a soft smile.

I cleared my throat once again and went back to the topic of stocks as he picked up my signal and did the same thing as well.

And so the days at work where back to normal...