Chapter 12

I woke up with a headache, and a bad feeling in me. It led me to my kitchen where it was dark and chilly, opening one of the cabinets where I grabbed a painkiller.

But somehow it just wasn't enough...

Now I am not that religious, because if there really was a god then why are all these bad and horrible things happening in the world right now? Where is god when I am yelling for help?

Even though, I am labeled as christian, I don't believe in a certain god.

But just this once I started praying to that one man that I am actually supposed to praise, because the pain just wouldn't let me go.

So I was standing there... in the shadow... and in the cold... scrunching my eyebrows in pain... and praying to the spirit I didn't even believe in...

Although in the end, the pain finally started to relieve itself. And I could finally go to sleep.

However... i was too afraid to go to sleep. Back in my head. Back to that devil, or demon waiting for me.

It must mean something, for sure... but what?

Anyway at some point I finally walked back into my room and took my laptop in my hands, where it later on got transported to my bed right beside me.

I turned it on and watched some YouTube to cheer me up. It was a big variety of vines, tik toks, commentary channels and reaction channels. But it didn't matter as long as the time would just pass by.

And so it did. The clock was finally 4.45 and I put on a little purple knitted cardigan, put on my slippers and headed to the elevator after locking my entrance door.

Eventually I got out to the roof, where the view was just... stunning. Absolutely breathtaking, and gorgeous was just the right way to describe it!

 Absolutely breathtaking, and gorgeous was just the right way to describe it!

~Oh New York... you never seem to fail me.
Having the privilege to wake up to this sunset almost every day... it's such a blessing.~

~Thank you for teaching me that there is always a tomorrow, full of new people and possibilities. And if I ever make a mistake, I'll learn from it and do something even better!~

I don't know exactly for how long I had been sitting there, since I was too distracted by this beautiful view, but it was long enough for me to realize Lucas was late.

Until in the end the sound of a click was heard and the door behind me was peaking open.

I didn't bother to look behind me, I was pulled and swaying into my mind in that view... but footsteps were heard and a man placed himself to my right, next to me.

-"Sorry I was a bit late. We had some last minute costumers. Did I miss the sunrise?" He said with a dark voice while I was still frozen looking out into the city's skyscrapers.