Chapter 9

Grandma was shocked and confused all at once, until she finally said:

-"Wait, so what happened?! I mean, why was he there in the first place?!"

-"Apparently he had come all the way to my place to stop me and Wonho from hooking up, except that me and Wonho didn't hook up because obviously you know I don't to hookups, I'm too afraid to catch feelings" I told grandma, which was followed up by her nodding as a sign that she agrees with what I was saying.

-"So, he started ranting about how we should stop and that he is gonna get shit from you and so on and on. Until finally he asked about Wonho's where abouts." I said. At this point grandma wasn't that surprised since she's known Lucas way before I've known him, so all the ranting coming from him was familiar to her.

-"But I told him that we didn't end up hooking up, since that was the best decision to make at that point. So then he asked 'Does that mean that... I can have you for tonight?'" I told her, to which this time she was actually surprised and her eyebrows here so high, making sure that she was getting a good look of what she was seeing and hearing.

-"Nooo wayyyy!!! What did you say!?!!" Granny asked, craving for the rest of the story.

-"Well I said 'I'm not sure... only if you are free for the night' or something like that." I responded to her question making her smile in a shocked way.

-"So... we ended up doing our 'thing' and to be honest... I feel like I've had way higher expectations." I told her with a disappointed look on my face.

-"What do you mean?" She asked confused.

-"I mean... the man had above average on size now, that's for sure. But when it came to his dick game... He was just... So easy to please." I said after what felt like years, just so that I could find the right words.

-"And I mean, I guess I could be the one to 'take over'" I gestured with my fingers as in 'quote, unquote' "but... it's not fun to do that. If I wanted to do that then I wouldn't even be looking for a man, at that point I could just please myself, you know?" I told grandma, asking if she herself could relate to my statement.

-"Oh, yes darling. I totally understand!" She said, which sounded sarcastic at first, but her body language said otherwise.

-"Anyway, that's not even the worst part of all of this!" I told her with eyebrows raised once again, with such disappointment.

-"It isn't?" Granny asked with puppy dog eyes.

-"No. Now what's worse is that this morning I was in my office with Wonho when he was handing out boxes of chocolates, as a gift from his company to all of my coworkers and me, who was sitting in my office. He was clearly checking me out because my outfit popped off today, duuh!" I said smiling as a sign that it was obvious I knew that I looked like a million bucks, when our orders came.

-"Wait, what's this?!" I asked grandma very confusingly, pointing at the orders of sushi, obviously.

-"Oh yeah, about that. I figured you would be late because you're always caught up with work, so I ordered for the both of us. Hope you don't mind!" She said, smiling awkwardly, hoping that I wouldn't get mad at her.

But how could I get mad at her. This woman is literally my biggest role model and the one and only person that I love the most in this world. So I just started digging in the food and kept going on with my story.

-"But right when I thought that Wonho would make a move, and tell me how I looked, the door to my office opens all the way up and the biggest smile in the entire world shows up on a face. It was that mother fucker, Lucas... Interrupting, as per usual." I sighed with such annoyance in my face muscles.

-"No! Boy what is wrong with this man?! Has he ever heard of manners?!! I swear, he does the same thing at the office whenever I am in important meetings. He just barges in as if we are visiting his swamp!" Grandma said angrily, tired of his bullshit.

It made me laugh so I had to look away to really let go of my laugh.

I finally got my shit together and kept telling the story.

-"But I wasn't finished, just yet. He comes in, looks at Wonho, who by the way is such a man with such class and elegance. And he goes on talking about some 'oH I DiDn'T kNoW yOu WeRe hErE sO eArLy, wAsN't eXPecTinG yOu hEre' when it was like 10 AM already. That clearly annoyed the man, but then he decides to act up and reach me a cookie with a text saying 'I love you daddy'!" I said with a straight emotionless face.

Grandma lost it and started laughing at my impression of Lucas with his deep voice, and the death stare in my eyes.

-"But that triggered Wonho and he finally told him sumn that should have been told long time ago such as his missing manners, like boy where did they go?! Did they get lost on their way to Italy?" I asked confusingly, gesturing my hand over my eyes pretending to look for them far away from a distance. All of this while grandma was still laughing her butt off.

-"Anyway, long story short Lucas and Wonho got into a subtle fight and I told Wonho not to worry about Lucas, because he got the wrong kind of idea. And now I have to make things clear with Lucas, therefore I have fucked up everything and just made a whole mess all over the place!" I told grandma while looking stressed AF!

She looked focused on me and told me everything will be fine. To just give it some time and then the universe will decide what is best for me, by itself.

That really put me at ease and I enjoyed the rest of my meal together with granny. We finished not so long after that and parted ways.

I was on my way back to the office and she was on her way back to the club, because she had to attend an important meeting with a very powerful person.

I felt like I could finally breathe, and took a deep breath of that September air, sinking into my blood. It was nice and sunny outside, as I passed by Central Park, catching a glimpse of the beautiful autumn colors.

My birthday was right around the corner, and I was excited for another year with new experiences and mistakes.

Just as I was enjoying my moment I felt a little tap on my shoulder, which instantly made me turn around and realize that it was once again Wonho!

-"Hey! What are you doing?" He said while smiling and removing a red leaf from my hair.

-"Oh, hello. Fancy meeting you here! I was just enjoying the weather while it lasts!" I chuckled looking down onto the concrete, blushing as I could feel him smiling at me.

Even though I looked away I quickly noticed that he was indeed smiling as he said:
-"Uh... Look, I didn't mean to eavesdrop, but... I heard a bit of the conversation that you had with that old woman at the restaurant..." He said looking at me confused...