Chapter 8

*phone ringing noises(?)*

-"Hello?" A deep male voice asked after picking up.

-"Hey, Lucas. I was wondering if we could meet up tonight?" I asked pretty uninterested.

-"Oh, Rosy!" He said happily after realizing I was the one who called him.
-"I would love to, but I can only meet up after 5 AM. That's when my shift ends, and I have to work over time since I left early yesterday." He said pretty disappointed due to the fact that he is only available so late.

-"It's fine, don't worry about it. By the way did you get in trouble? Was granny causing too many problems? If you want I could speak to her?" I constantly asked. I don't know why but... for some reason I just had to make sure that he was okey.

-"No, no, no! No need to worry too much about it. Everything is fine, I mean... I can't be the one to complain since I had an amazing night!" He said reassuring me that he was alright. For some reason when he said that it felt as if he was smiling so obviously... as he always does.

-"Mm... okay. If you say so... I'll see you tonight, as soon as you finish work. Meet me up at the rooftop of my building, okay?" I asked, making sure to make him get a hint that he has to get to me.

-"Ight. I'll see tonight then, babygirl!" He said with his regular charm on those words of his.

-"Yes you will. Bye, take care!" I told him before hanging up. But I wasn't quite finished just yet.

*phone ringing noises again (?)*

-"Yes sweetie, what is it?" A high pitched heavy New Jersey accent was heard on the other line.

-"Hello granny! So... are you free for lunch? I have something important to discuss with you!" I asked her straightforward yet in a sweet tone.

-"I am in fact free for lunch! Where do you wanna eat? I'll be there at 11.45." She said comfortingly and trustingly.

-"Uuuh... I was thinking, maybe at some Mexican restaurant? I have been craving tacos the whole week." I told her.

-"Oh, no sweetheart. Sorry but you know I really don't want to book an appointment with my toilet for the rest of this day. How about Italian?" She said, complaining as per usual.

-"No, I don't want my breath to smell like garlic all day long.... mmm... how about... Japanese? We could eat sushi??" I asked her impatiently.

-"Okay sweetheart. I guess we'll meet up at that one place downtown? You know... the one around the corner from the library?" Grandma said confused.

-"Yes grandma, I know, I know! I'll see you there! Take care, bye bye!" I told her so that she would finally let me work in peace.

-"Alright! You too, bye darling!" She said and then made a little kissing sound through the phone, as a sign of love.

I hung up the phone and reached for my pen. I finally started reading through my documents and actually doing my job. Not long after that the clock was already 11.40 AM when I looked at my phone. That made me rush to go get my bag and coat. Then I was easily out of my office door and on my way to meet grandma!

Unfortunately I couldn't take my car to meet up with granny since it's too much traffic, and the restaurant has no parking lot.

Therefore I decided to walk my way there, since it only took about 8 minutes. And even though I was wearing heels, I didn't really mind, I just couldn't wait to get this weight lifted off my shoulders and some good advice for once.

Grandma was already waiting for me inside the restaurant, because I was a few minutes late. And I saw the way she wanted to start yelling at me from across the room "WHY ARE YOU SO LATE WOMAN, TIME IS MONEY!" But she noticed that I was more stressed then usual, so she decided to let me skip that second hand embarrassment.

My butt had barely touched the chair, my tongue was just about to let out a simple "hey-" when suddenly I got interrupted!

-"What's on your mind, sweetheart?" Grandma asked, wanting me to get straight to the point.

-"How did you know that I even had something specific in my mind?" I asked her confused with both eyebrows scrunching together, like a frown.

-"Honey, just because I'm not able to visit you as often nowadays, doesn't change the fact that I raised you for a good few years!" Granny said while holding my hand, grabbing my attention and softly smiling at me.
-"Now go ahead. Tell me what's on your mind because I don't have all day on me!" She said.

That already had put me more at ease and I was ready to just let it all out!

-"Alright. So... you know how on Friday night me and Lucas got into an argument because he was jealous that me and that older man, his name is Wonho by the way, were supposed to hook up? Or... at least that's what he believed?" I asked grandma, to which her response to that was a short nod.

-"Well... When I got home and was taking a bath I heard the doorbell ring. And I thought maybe it was just you or some of my girlfriends who forgot something at my place, since it was so late at night." I continued, still wearing grandmas attention on me.

-"But to my surprise it was... The one and only... Lucas!" I said with a little "hey" kind of smile (?). Here, let me show you: ....

(This is what I mean when I say a "hey" smile, like I am not saying hey to you with my words, but like I am still letting you know that I have manners lol.)

)