chapter 9 ~ twice in one day?

"I'm going to the store today" Fiona called as I stepped out of the bathroom.

"We need toothpaste.....and toilet paper" I laughed. I threw my clothes down the hamper, handing Carl the baking soda.

"Where'd you get a taser?" She yelled, looking at our younger brother.

"I let him borrow it" Lip shrugged, handing me over Liam. We were also out of diapers so he was currently using one of Carl's old shirts.

I made my way down the stairs, placing our younger brother in his high chair. I poured a few bowls of stale cereal, placing them on the table as well.

"Stop playing and eat your breakfast" I groaned, grabbing the taster from his hand. He tried to protest but I was in no mood this morning.

Between Fiona and Steve and Ian asking a lot of questions, I barley got any sleep last night.

"Come on Debs, you're gonna be late for school" I called up the stairs.

"Late for school" Liam repeated. A smile formed on my face as I rubbed the top of is head. He could be cute when he wasn't crying, which he rarely ever did.

It was probably because Monica was always high as a kite when she was pregnant with him, but hey I wasn't complaining.

"Okay out the door" I ordered. "I'm meeting Mandy so I'll see you at work" I called, hoping Ian could hear me.

I gave Carl and Debbie their lunches before passing Liam back to Lip. I kissed him on the cheek before rushing out of the house.

Even with Linda knowing about Kash and Ian, we still got to keep our jobs. Something about Ian could do better, but I don't know as long as I still got payed.

"And I was like girl you are not using my eyeliner if you have pink eye. And so she was like, you're not my friend anymore" Mandy gossiped. I was trying to listen to her but it was hard when I slept with her brother a few days before.

"I totally get that" I sighed, pretending to be interested in her pinkeye story.

"Oh my god what is up you" She laughed, punching me on the shoulder.

"I didn't get much sleep last night" I lied as we approached the store. "I'll see you after work" I smiled before waving her goodbye.

I promised I would go to her house after school since I really didn't want to be near Veronica and Kev's new foster kid. They hadn't even met her yet but I already had a bad feeling about her.