The Beginning

My eyes widened when Miki showed me the page. Th-this is...

Sendai J High School Track Coach Claims Incident with KK is 'in the past...' and refuses to speak...
Reveals Actual Name

"KK is that boy in your teams right? What's with them, trying to reveal someone's past!", Miki slammed the magazine on the bench with an upset face. I take the magazine and read through the article. "Reporters like this always exist to dig unnecessary information, I don't understand their motive at all. Hey (Y/N)-san, why are y-!!", Miki's mouth shut instantly as she took a look at my face. I have been silent while she is puffing in anger. She must have thought that I am not giving any response but in fact... I am trying to control my anger.

"Tch, what a childish play", I muttered, handing back the magazine back to Miki. Frown formed on my face with my pupil dilated in irritation, staring dagger at the pages. Dark aura is literally visible around me. Miki's form trembles in fear from the corner of my eyes. "Miki, I'll leave first. Reading that ruined my mood. See you...", I said with my tone seething in anger. Shutting the locker closed with a loud thump, making Miki flinch in the process, I take my bag and sling it over my shoulder.

"(Y-Y/N)-san is in dark mode!!", Miki exclaimed, clutching at the place where her thumping heart located, after (Y/N) had walked out of the changing room.

🍃

I clicked my tongue again as I walked along the side road, heading towards the park. The title of the article concerning Kakeru is still running in my mind. Those words typed by the jerk-reporter disturbed me as it reminds me of the past.

🍂

Murmurs of students could be heard as I passed through the hallway, heading to my class. It was the day after I quit the swimming club as well as I willingly withdrew from the final regional competition. My name is not that well-known among the city or sport industry but students from my school do know my face and personality. The serious-and-smart-swimmer of TAJ High School that holds the hopes of being the top winner in regional level and might be nominated as national swimmer. Sigh...what high hopes and a long title given to me by the school.

"Did you read the article this morning?"

"It's a waste she dropped off from the competition, she could raise the school's name"

"Her parents got involved in accident, she might lose her will you know"

"I can sympathize with her, she had to carry a heavy burden. The teachers also had high hopes in her too"

"Well, every person have their own limit too"

I just clicked my tongue in annoyance as I heard their mutterings. These guys and those reporters, such a nuisance. They just had to write an article of the recent activity on each finalist from the semi-final.

One of the Finalists Dropped Out from the Women's Individual 50m Free-Style in Final Regional Competition.
Parents Involved in an Accident, Substituted by Another School...

"Tch, what a childish play"

🍂

The dark memories that surfaced from my mind caused me to become less aware of my surroundings. As if I'm walking in an empty space without boundaries. Waiting for someone to wake me up from this half-reality time space. As if my wish came true, someone spoke out my name which snapped me out of my mind.