A Little Bit Different

The muscles in my limbs stretch out due to my warm-up session. Since I got dragged here to join their training camp, I decided to participate in their training too. Haiji also asked if I really want to join since the track is far enough. Assuring him that I am not the type to stop things halfway, he agreed to let me join them. I could also use this opportunity to build some muscle back. It's been two years since I last did some running or any outdoor activities and I admit that I have been gaining weight too, not that it is too visible but I did gain some.

And... I want to prepare myself. For swimming...

"Hey (Y/N), let's go!", Nico-chan shouted my name, catching my attention. The guys already start moving without I realizing it.

"I'm coming!", I replied and jogged to catch up to them. Matching with their pace, I keep my track by running beside Ouji. From the back, I could catch a glimpse of the Tokyo Sports Uni's track uniform. Ahh, they did mention the Tokyo Sports Uni also held their training camp here. It's a coincidence we're running on the same track.

After a few minutes, Kakeru suggested that we increase our pace but Haiji rejected his idea. Being the stubborn guy he is, Kakeru went off running by himself, ignoring Haiji's command. Haiji ends up chasing after the stubborn Kakeru. I let out a small sigh at Kakeru's sudden change of mood. Was seeing the Tokyo Sports Uni Track Club that infuriating? Why did he have to care about them so much?

As the time passed by with us running in groups, my breathing started becoming heavier as I could feel my limbs getting sore. Do they always run this long?! And how far have those two guys have run? Now I regret not practicing with them before summer...

"W-was always running this long? I think swimming is a lot b-better than this though...", I exhaled out heavily while still running.

"I-I'm surprised you could s-say that... I d-don't think both sports are any b-better...", Ouji replied from my back as he is doing his best to catch his breaths.

"S-sorry Ouji-senpai, I should have known...", I glanced down in guilt for saying such a selfish thing even though I knew that there are those who are far weaker in physical activities.

"But, its g-good that you can finally think of s-swimming. How do the s-sceneries look like to you now...?", Ouji asked between pants. His question reverberated in my mind. Sceneries... That's right, when I started swimming, everything was...

"Sparkling...", one single word left my mouth as I glanced to the left. My eyes widen at the breathtaking sight of the blue water. The light from above reflects the sky on the surface of Lake Shirakaba. Light shines slightly whenever the wind pushes the surface gently causing it to sparkle in my eyes. No, maybe it's because I have started seeing things differently. There is still hope. I can feel the burning passion lit once again. Right, this is what I used to see of my surroundings. Sparkling so bright, engulfing me in my own world inside the water. A smile forms on my lips.

"Yosh, I'm going to speed up a bit! I'll catch up to those two guys who ditched us. Then, see you guys in a few metres!", I shouted as I increased my pace, leaving the guys startled by my sudden energized mood. Somehow, the exhaustion was replaced by a rush of adrenaline.

"Be careful (Y/N)-san, don't get lost!", Musa said before I completely outran them from hearing range. I give them a thumbs up without looking back as a sign I heard him. As I ran faster than before, I could feel my excitement growing. I wonder how I will feel if I swim... Can't wait to hurry up and build myself! Oh, isn't that Kakeru-kun and Haiji-san?

I slowed down my running as I pace near them. They just stand there while staring at the group of Tokyo Sport Uni's track team. "Kakeru-kun, Haiji-san. What's wrong?", I asked as I reached them from behind. Both of them turn around, hearing their name being called.