Married Arc (Part 2)

Six Years Later

"Haiji, have you locked the house yet?", (Y/N) yelled from inside the car, waiting for Haiji to load the last box.

"Yeah, I did! Okay, that'll do it. We're good to go", Haiji confirmed, shutting the boot and was about to enter the driver seat when he noticed his wife already claimed it. "Huh? I thought we have agreed to let me drive the car?", he asked, proceeding to sit at the passenger seat.

"I changed my mind. Not when there are kids. You also need to rest, after staying up last night, right?", (Y/N) stole a glance at him then focused back to the road. Haiji let out a relief sigh, small smile adorning his feature as he tilts his head to the passenger seat behind. Two small figures are sleeping soundly, warm blankets covering them as it is still early in the morning for children to wake up. His gentle gaze lingers to his dear wife and shuts his eye. He is glad that (Y/N) noticed him waking up after an hour of shut eye yesterday. He wants to hug and nuzzle into her neck, showering her with kisses and love but for now... let's get a shut eye.

🍃

Haiji stirred, feeling a hand shaking his hips quite fast. Voices start filling his hearing as the noisy and cheery high note of kids continue disturbing him. Soon, he opens his eyes, blinking a few times to meet two pairs of brown eyes desperately trying to get his attention.

"Tou-san, wake up! Come on, we're here already!!", the oldest 6-year-old brother exclaimed, shaking Haiji's legs a few times. Then, came his 4-year-old sister persistently slapping Haiji's thighs as many times as she could with that pair of small hands.

"Tou-chan! Wake up! Kaa-chan waiting!", the little girl shouted, slightly fumbling on her own words.

"Yes, yes, I'm up now. Come here Kazemi!", Haiji called out her daughter's name, taking her up on his lap. "Did you sleep well?", he asked, stroking Kazemi's plump cheek as she leaned on her father's gentle touch.

"Yeah, Kaa-chan drive good!", Kazemi replied, thumping her hand on Haiji's chest happily.

"Good to hear!", Haiji ruffled her short hair, chuckling at her cuteness. "Right, Hayate, look after your sister. I'm going to meet the team. Where's Kaa-san?", he asked his young boy, getting out the car and place Kazemi on the seat instead.

"Kaa-san said she is checking in the hotel first. Don't worry, I can take care of my sister!", Hayate said smugly, holding onto Kazemi's left hand.

"Good! Then, Tou-san go first. Tell Kaa-san to wait in the hotel, okay? I'll be back in the afternoon", Haiji said, patting his son's head then start heading to the stadium where he had scheduled with the track team for their last meeting before the race tomorrow.

🍃

"I'm back!", Haiji yelled from the door of their hotel room as he took off his sport shoes and set them aside neatly.

"Tou-chan, up!!", Kazemi screeched loudly running straight up to Haiji and jump high to let him catch her midair. Haiji reflexively caught the little girl into his arm which was then followed by cute giggle from Kazemi.

"Don't run off, Kazemi! You haven't finished dressing yet!", (Y/N) appear from the bedroom with a messy hair and a frown on her face, frustrated by how fast her daughter ran off as soon as she heard her father came back. A pair of polka dots pants in her right hand as she stomped towards Haiji who is carrying Kazemi. Kazemi squealed in reaction at her stressed mother, intending to hide by climbing up to Haiji's shoulder. Haiji only chuckled at the playful act Kazemi always done whenever dressing up, seeing his wife frowning also tickled his heart too.