Rank

My eyes bore straight towards the black-haired freshmen. Lately, he has been hanging out in Ouji's room to read manga. And now, he's trying hard to work on Ouji's stance in running. Clicking my tongue, I grit my teeth at the thought of Kakeru's intention. Just what he is after? That Kakeru-kun...

"U-um, (Y/N)-san... you give off a dark aura somehow and... your face is becoming scarier..", Shindou spoke beside me. I didn't answer as my hand clenched tightly on the grasses.

"A-are you okay, (Y/N)-san?", Musa asked in concern. I whip my head sharply at both of them, sitting beside my right. Their shoulder jumped in shocked.

"Why? Why do I feel like Kakeru-kun has ranked ahead of me?!", I shouted as my finger pointed towards Kakeru who was giving advice to Ouji.

"Eh?", both of them asked simultaneously.

"I noticed that Kakeru-kun has been hanging out a lot with Ouji-senpai and he's also giving advice to Ouji-senpai. And Ouji-senpai's form also improved a lot too! When I think about how I can't come up with such an idea... I feel like my rank has gone down! And it's Kakeru-kun who replaced me. Even though I have known Ouji-senpai longer than him... I-I failed as his student!", my knees drop down to the ground as I grip on the grasses. I shut my eyes in embarrassment of my incapabilities of helping Ouji in running. I apologized, Ouji-senpai! Your student has failed to support you...!

Without me knowing, everyone had their attention to me and they totally sweat dropped at my confession. As I was grieving my mistake, a slow footsteps approached me. I look up to see Ouji's blank expression. Though his face is more clear since he started tying his hair and clipped his long bangs whenever he's running.

"(Y/N)-san, don't apologise at a mistake that you didn't commit. Your presence as a Manga Club's member is enough to support me. We can read manga together after this hell-like-practice is over", Ouji said in his usual tone. My eyes sparkled at the tearful speech from Ouji. Picking myself up and standing straight.

"Yes, Ouji-senpai! Let's go back and read manga after this!", I punched my fist to the air in excitement. Ouji nodded in reply.

While the guys...

"Is this some kind of manga scene?", Yuki asked, pointing towards me and Ouji.

"Beat me... I don't get all this manga talk", Nico-chan shrugged his shoulder.

"As expected from the Manga Club...", King sighed.

"Ahahahaha", Musa and Shindou chuckled.

"D-did I do something wrong?", Kakeru asked nervously.

"No, I think that means you have matched your pace with Ouji. (Y/N)-san also seems to notice it", Haiji smiled at Kakeru who had a troubled face, watching the dramatic scene.

"I don't get it but-", Joji trailed.

"I'm sure it's a good thing!", Jota continued.

🍃

Walking along the shopping district, I glance up to the sky. It's been raining lately, was it always rainy at this time of month? My mind starts to wander on how their practice has been going. Due to the rainy weather, I haven't joined their practice since things might get hard around Nii-san's store. I would also like to prevent any disturbance in my schedule. For example, it is quite hard to move around in the rain and it will delay my college and house chores. Sighing, I scratch my scalp in frustration. Works always piled up before summer break... I hate how cliche the lecturers can be--eh?

"That is... Shindou-san?", I stopped at the corner of a shop. Through the window, I could see Shindou and a woman I've never met before. They were talking when Shindou lowered his head. My brain told me not to interfere with whatever they are talking about but I can't deny my heart. The women then get up and leave the cafe, leaving Shindou who still has the dejected face. About a minute later, he then stood up and walked out of the cafe. I become nervous when I see that he starts walking forwards, where I am visible around his line of sight. This is bad, I've gotta walk away fast!