The Match and The Deal

Splashes of water resonated throughout the empty swimming pool enclosed space. A figure that has been making the noises in the quiet evening continues stroking her arms and legs in the water. As her hand makes contact with the smooth surface of the pool's wall, she raises her head up from the water as she finishes the final round of her weekly routine. Mouth agape to catch a feat of breathes, droplets of water drip down her facial features.

Taking off the pair of goggles along with her tight cape from her head, she shakes her head to release the tension that has been keeping her hair. A long sigh left her wet lips as she ran her finger through her (h/c) strands, keeping it out of her face. Her (e/c) flicker up towards the window, gazing out to the orange sky as the sun is setting slowly but surely. The dim space of the large pool illuminated by the streaks of light entering through the transparent windows.

(Y/N)'S POV
"Good work, (Y/N)-san", a voice breaks the silence. I look up towards the source to see the familiar green eyes of the olive-brown haired male, his gentle smile framing his features perfectly. My gaze shifted down to his extended hand, waiting for my acceptance of his kind act. Taking in his offer, my wet hand grip onto his big one as he pulled me up from the pool.

"You knew I came here? As expected of the mother figure of Makoto-kun. Haruka-kun is so lucky", I started the conversation as I picked up the towel from my bag, ruffling my wet hair. Makoto smiled at my intended compliment.

"I just thought that you might be here, considering last year's incident", he chuckled, remembering the past event of when I sneak inside the club and bumped onto Makoto on my way to the swimming pool area. He happened to stop by the club to check on some stuff when he caught me on the act.

"I thought that no one should be here at this kind of time except for the guard. Your freaked out face was a sight to see though", I snickered, poking on his cheek playfully.

"Stop teasing me (Y/N)-san...", Makoto sighed which earned a giggle from me. Retreating my finger, we started walking towards the door after I had collected all my stuff in the bag. "So, what's on your mind this time?", he asked as we stepped out of the door, shutting it closed. A defeated sigh escaped my lips upon hearing his question. Nothing can beat Makoto's super instinct on reading my mind. Well, he is able to talk telepathically with Haruka.

"A ring", I answered shortly, not meeting his curious gaze. "He gave me a ring and I'm at a dead end on figuring what I should do. I've never felt this complicated before and it exhaust me mentally...", I let out a long sigh, making it clear that I am in need of help. With my shoulders slumped forward, I hang my head down. Then, the warmth of Makoto's hand landed on my damp hair.

"I'll hear you out, together with Haru. We'll help you find a solution, okay?", Makoto's gentle smile formed along his soothing voice, comforting me. "But first, you need to get change first. It's still early April, the air is cold sometimes. I can't believe that you still steal the chances to sneak inside when tomorrow is the first opening day. Do you really need to come early before everyone else?", Makoto continued nagging me as I ignored him by heading towards the women's changing room. "(Y/N)-san, are you listening?", he shouted as he noticed my disappearing figure.

"See ya Makoto-kun", I waved goodbye without facing him then went inside the changing room. Haiji-san, Shindou-san and Makoto-kun. Geez, what a nosy 'mothers' I have...

🍂

AROUND TWO MONTHS AGO...
"There he is, Kansei's Kurahara Kakeru. He has yet made another new record in the last section. Their journey from the last two years is still not over yet", the emcee's voice echoed through the speaker of the television in the rehabilitation area. The volume is low enough, avoiding disturbance to other patients. I glance up to observe the smile formed on Haiji's feature before he continues with his walking practice.