Honest Confession

Glancing around the wide field track of Kikui University, I search for any sign of the Aotake's member. There's a lot of participants from many kind of university, its making me a bit difficult to spot them.

"Urgh... was the track meet always this pack? Swim meet was more calm though", I grumbled lowly as my eyes zoomed in the view. Then, I spot a familiar green-black coloured running jacket among the crowds. Sighing in relief, I head to his way. When I was about to greet him, he seemed to lose his balance for a second there. On instinct, I immediately grab hold of his shoulder. Haiji turned towards me in surprise.

"Haiji-san, are you okay? Your complexion is a bit off", I asked with a worried tone, letting go of my grasp.

"I'm okay. Anyway, when did you arrive?", he smiled as usual.

"Just now", I answered, still eyeing him. He definitely doesn't look fine to me.

"Good, the race is about to begin", right on cue he finished, the starting pistol blared off signaling the race has just begun. From our spot, I could see the participants running along the track though it's a bit hard since people are blocking my view. My height is fairly tall but these guys are taller than me. I couldn't even find Aotake's guys.

"Is this your first time watching a track meet?", Haiji asked.

"Yeah, I only went to the swimming pool after all. So this view is kind of new", I answered as I jerk my head around to get a clear view.

"Let's go to where the guys are. You can see clearly there", he said with a hint of amusement. I nodded, then Haiji led me to where the guys are.

"Yo, guys. Good morning, Ouji-senpai", I greeted them casually but changed to a formal one when I greeted Ouji, sitting beside him.

"She becomes all formal when greeting Ouji!", King and Nico-chan whispered to each other.

"I can hear you", I said, catching them off guard. Nico-chan and King then start to talk about time and all. When the group starts to spread out, both of them rush to the front while I stand up to get a better view.

My eyes follow the twin who are still holding on with the lead group. Musa also steadily followed the crowd. Shindou and Yuki are not falling behind. Comparing their level of a beginner who started practicing about a month ago with a regular, they have improved a lot. Their stamina for each lap is also steadily reserved. Somehow, my blood began to pump up in excitement. Watching them trying their hardest to finish the race impressed me. I wonder if I also looked like that when I was swimming? It's a nostalgic feeling, making me want to...

"...experience it again", I muttered. That's when I realized the guys have been yelling their lungs out, cheering the running guys. Ouji then got up, glancing his way up to me.

"Support is like magic, (Y/N)-san", he said then joined the cheering guys. My eyes widened at his statement. It feels as if one layer of the wall inside me has broken. Watching the guys shouting words that I can barely hear, for the sake of their friends who are still running to finish the last lap almost made me jealous. Kakeru-kun, Ouji-senpai, King-san, Nico-chan Senpai and Haiji-san. I know how great it is to cheer on people but I've never got to be cheered on in such a sincere way. And you guys have shown me the delight of it.

A wide smile formed on my lips as my heart began to leap up. Taking a deep breath, I place one hand beside my mouth.

"Go for it, Aotake!!", I shouted as loud as I could. Right on cue, the Aotake guys finish their last lap as Shindou was the last one to finish out of them. I look at the timer and read the time. They didn't get the official record but that was the fastest time they have run.