Friends?

THIRD PERSON'S POV
All the presence there was stunned at what (Y/N) had said to Sakaki. She got him right in the spot with her remarks. Even the person herself doesn't realize their staring instead only gives them a cheer of support with a normal smile. There's only one thought running on their mind.

(Y/N)-san/-nee is so COOL!

Then, everyone's attention changes to the endless cheering of Haiji in order to give Ouji more spirit to finish his running.

"They are waiting for the warrior named Ouji to return!", Haiji shouted excitedly as Ouji's nearing the finish line, almost losing all his energy.

"Sounds like something Ouji would enjoy-", Yuki commented but when he noticed a sparkling aura from (Y/N), he continued. "-you too (Y/N)-san?!".

"Haiji's learning", Musa added. He also noticed the young woman's sparkling gaze. "...and (Y/N)-san too ahaha...", he referred to (Y/N). The woman who looks cool in their eyes before completely changed.

(Y/N)-san/nee is surprisingly enjoying this!

Everyone sweat drops at her sparkling aura as Haiji continues on rambling encouraging words.

"Today, you'll reach an unknown territory you've never reached before!", Haiji exclaimed. "You're here!", he gives Ouji a push from the back as he falls in slow motion. Everyone's eyes widen at the sight including (Y/N). Hana read the time on the stopwatch.

"34:59:28", she said out loud.

"Hear that Ouji? 34 minutes. You broke the 35-minute wall. You did it", Haiji told him proudly of Ouji's achievement.

"A-amazing! You were amazing Ouji-senpai. As a humble student of yours, I am proud of you. Congratulations, warrior Ouji!", (Y/N) moves in a flash to Ouji's side as she gives him her manga-like speech. Haiji only grinned at her enthusiasm and unintentional support though Ouji already laid down, half dead in spite of their encouraging words.

Suddenly, the new face that has been watching them laugh in a mocking tone which caught everyone's attention.

"What is this? A seniors marathon? I can walk faster than that", Sakaki nastily commented then he turned around only to meet Kakeru's hard glare. The smile on (Y/N)'s face dropped when she heard Sakaki's mockery on Ouji. Despite the tense aura emitted from both guys, Haiji went to ask Sakaki in his normal tone. Sakaki explained that he has known Kakeru since high school. Everyone only listened to their conversation but when Haiji was about to tell him their goal of running in the Hakone Ekiden, the guys began to sweat and tried to stop him from saying anything further. But, he already beat them to it. They can only sigh hopelessly. Kakeru looked away with a guilty expression. As for (Y/N), she only watched Haiji, wondering how things will turn out.

"What?", Sakaki asked in disbelief at Haiji's bold statement. Haiji ends up explaining that all of these ten guys will participate in the Hakone Ekiden, not missing a tone. "Hakone? Is he serious?", Sakaki asked Kakeru, who was still keeping his guilty gaze on the ground. Seeing his expression ticked Sakaki off. "Are you making light of track and field? Huh?", Sakaki asked again, pressing his tone. Haiji answered but Sakaki insisted on hearing Kakeru's answer. Instead of answering, Kakeru still glared down as his fist tightened. Unsatisfied by his silence, Sakaki continues throwing a mocking question. "Aren't you embarrassed to run at their level?", he shouted. All of the guys gaze hardened at Sakaki's statement of their level, except Nico.

Having enough of Sakaki's demand on Kakeru's answers, (Y/N) instinctively clicked her tongue lowly as a habit of hers whenever she lost her patience. Getting up, she walked over to the heated spot of their conversation. Stopping beside Haiji, she was about to say something when Ouji suddenly spoke up.