Nira's Story

Nice to meet you, my name is Nira or that's what everyone has been calling me the whole time. This time, I'm going to tell you a story about me since I never really got the chance to introduce myself and have a section where I can speak properly. Given the chance by the author, I'll start my side of story from how I become Chikusei-so's dog.

🍂

The heavy rain dropped harshly from the grey sky, hitting the ground in a loud feat of pitter-patter. My trembling form freeze in the side road as my eyes glued to the lying figure of her light-brown fur on the road. Red liquid ooze out of her unmoving body, staining her white furred belly as they move in slow rhythm. Her white canines had bit of blood, her tongue sprawled as her sharp jaw gap apart in need of oxygen. My watery eyes glint in the dim light, meeting her dark brown eyes that seems to struggle to keep it open. Taking small step towards her frail figure, a whimper escapes my throat as I nudge her wet neck using my muzzle in attempt to get her up.

"Mom, get up! You can't leave me alone!", I yelled through my whimpering though she just blinks her beady eyes in response. "No... don't go yet! Mom, you promised to stay with me!", I pleaded, nudging her other side of her body. My fur drenched as the rain is still falling hard.

"I'm sorry... Take care... and live well...", was her last speech which came out as a weak whimper before her chest stop heaving for air. I was stunned as my eyes darted to her lifeless body right below my sight.

"MOMMM!!", I howled through the silent night, my high-pitch voice of a puppy resonated along the droplets of rain.

🍂

That was the night that I lost my beloved mother, in the heavy rain of the night-time. If only I could cross the road faster. If only I did not get distracted by the growling of my stomach. Maybe... maybe mom would not be in this state. Mom has sacrificed her life to push me away from the speeding car. She has saved me from getting hit by the car which resulted in her gone from my world eternally.

Ever since our owner move to Tokyo, we were left behind under the care of his relative. Every day was filled with fun as I grow up in their house when that fateful event occurred. Everything is my fault... We were having a picnic somewhere a bit far from home. I was excited and all over the moon since this will be the first time I'm going outside aside from our yard. I got carried away and end up going far away from the location towards the pond, enchanted by the colourful swimming fishes.

"Mom, there are so pretty! Can I join them?", I asked mom who had just came running for me with sparkle filling my eyes.

"If you can swim, of course. But not here. Come, we need to go back", Mom answered and was about to pull me by the scruff when droplets of water fell from the sky. A second after, heavy rain starts to pour. I whimpered slightly when mom lift me up, walking in a fast pace to search for a place to take shelter. We ended up resting under the small bridge nearby while waiting for the heavy downpour to end. Mom kept licking my wet fur to dry me off and keep me warm until I fell asleep.

"Son, wake up. The rain has stop, let's go find them. They must be waiting for us", mom nudged me by her muzzle, stirring me up from my slumber. The sky already dark. How long has it been? When we arrive at the picnic location, there's no one waiting for us. Only the dim light from the street our only source of light.

"Mom, did they forgot us?", I asked, whimpering in cold along the way. She looks at me but didn't say anything. Noticing my shivering body, mom picked me up from the wet ground and walk through the cold night to find a warm and brighter place. After we settled down near a small store, mom wrapped me with her fury body.