After Story

Chirping of birds becomes the music as the wind gently breezes into the window, softly brushing my hair causing it to dance around in a comforting sensation. Lifting my head up only to meet with the picture of my beloved parent, a smile tugged on my lips.

"I'll take my leave, mom, dad", I said and bowed for the last time before standing up, walking away from the small altar. Like every morning, I would spend a good five minutes paying my respect to both of my late parents. Whether they are alive or not, we ought to respect and pray for their well-being. No matter what kind of treatment we received, they are still the very couple of a man and a woman that brought us into this world.

Slinging the bag strap on my shoulder, I pick up the key of the house resting on the coffee table and playing it around my finger. The key jingle sounds like a chime with every swing. I slip off the indoor slipper only to substitute my footwear with a flat teal blue-colored sandal that goes along well with the pastel blue cardigan that I wore over the white blouse. Taking a few steps out of the front door, I locked it with a click. Before I took off from the apartment, I took some time to appreciate the nature around me.

Glancing up to the clear blue sky, puffs of white cloud in various sizes and shapes are moving in a slow pace synced with the wind. Pieces of pink-colored petals dancing around, painting the view aesthetically. My eyes then shifted to the blooming medium-sized sakura tree near the foot of the building. The sakura tree is still young and is experiencing its first blooming time after three years of growing up. It grew up healthily just as I hope it would. Guess it's worth my time taking care of it. Inhaling deep breaths of air, the oxygen pumps up from my lungs into every part of my inner cells. Slowly exhaling from my mouth, a smile lit upon my face.

"It's the smell of spring!", I said in an excited tone, smiling widely. Proceeding towards my car, I start the engine and drive the car away from the parking area with one destination in mind. It has been three years since all of us gathered together, I wonder how they are doing right now...

🍃

Upon arriving at the neighbourhood park, I decided to park my car there and take a walk from here. It's nice to enjoy some stroll sometimes. Humming a soft tone from a song that came into my mind, I stroll along the road while viewing the familiar scenery around me. Walking from the park to Chikusei-so, this reminds me of the first time we met. My lips tug upward as I unconsciously reminisce about the past. It was a bit awkward on the way to Aotake, good thing Nira was there with us. Not to mention, the incident of when Nira jumped onto me... What a fateful encounter, I could say.

My steps halt as I stand in front of the entrance of my destination, Chikusei-so's student dorm. I take in the view for a while as this might be the last time I'll ever get to come and visit this place again. The place where I first met the boys, Tazaki Coach and the start of my morning practice with them. Ahhh... this brings me back a lot.

As I was spacing out in the middle of the area, the door of the landlord's house slid open, revealing a familiar figure of a brown-haired male. His gaze was set facing the ground as numbers of puppies running out of the door with their short legs. They run towards a dark brown furred dog while barking to catch their mom's attention. An amused chuckle left as I watched the adorable and loving act of the dogs' family. Then, Nira came out of their big penthouse and spotted me. He barked towards my direction which caught the attention of the brunette. His eyes move up to meet my (e/c) irises. My heart clutch at the sight of his gentle smile.

"What are you standing there for (Y/N)?", he called out with his arms akimbo. Surprised by the way he called my name without any honorific, heat rose up to my cheeks. I brushed off the fluttering feelings in my heart and let my face frown in displease instead. Stomping my feet as I walk forward, nearing him, I cross my arm across my chest with a huff.