Pillow Fight

Lin rolled over sleepily onto his other side, only to get smacked in the back of his head with a fluffy pillow. 

He laughed, grabbing the pillow as he turned to face his girlfriend. Pippa was standing up on the opposite side of the bed, in red pajama pants and a white cropped tee. 

Lin shook his head, clearing his throat of his morning voice. "Oh..." He stood up, the bed separating the two. 

Lin grabbed another pillow and crossed around the bed to be standing on the same side as Pippa. 

"You're so dead." He laughed, lurching forward to throw the pillow at Pippa, though he froze as she flinched back violently. 

Lin dropped the pillow to his feet, the gentle sound of it hitting the carpet was the only sound that filled the room for a moment. 

"Pippa, what was that?" He asked, his voice immediately flooded with worry. 

Pippa didn't respond, she simply trembled in her position, not removing her arms from their on guard position.

"You flinched." Lin spoke, muttering almost. "You just fucking flinched." At this point, he was speaking under his breath. 

Suddenly, it was all making sense. The way she'd shriek if a door shut too loudly or slammed on accident. The way she'd always ask Lin permission to wear her favorite dresses or go out with her friends without him. The way she'd always sleep on the couch when she knew Lin had been drinking, even if it was only a drink or two.

Without thinking, Lin jolted forward to comfort her, however this sudden motion only made Pippa reel back further.

"Pippa." Lin gasped, being slow to bring his hands up to run through his hair. "Pippa, why did you never tell me?"

Pippa straightened up from her defensive position as the tears just started to fall freely. She slowly walked into Lin's arms.

"Baby, I would never even dream of laying a finger on you, alright? I don't think I'd even be capable of something like that, yeah?" He coaxed, softly rubbing her back. 

Pippa shook her head against Lin's hold. "I'm so sorry. We were just trying to have fun, and I ruined it."

"No." Lin shook his head, now. He backed up cautiously so he could look at his girlfriend. He gently grabbed her hands and placed them on his bare chest. "You ruined nothing, darling." 

Pippa's gaze dropped to her cold, bare feet. Her breathing started to pick up and Lin pulled her closer. 

"Hey, hey, listen. You feel that? My heartbeat? Yeah, focus on that okay?" Lin softly kissed Pippa's head.

Lin knew very little about Pippa's ex. All he really knew was that his name was Zac, and things ended pretty awfully. However, he never could've guessed that he had been abusing her. He couldn't stand to imagine the things Zac might've done to her. 

"I don't want you to think I'm scared of you..." Pippa started, speaking over hyperventilations.

"Sweetheart, we don't have to talk about it right now. Why don't you calm down first? Let's lay down." Lin led her to sit back down on their mattress, propping her up on the pillow he had dropped earlier. 

"It isn't you, Lin, I promise." Pippa whispered, trying to settle her breaths. "It's just sometimes the memories come back, and I can't tell what's real and what's not, and--" Her voice cracked as she finished her sentence, dissolving into more tears. 

Lin wanted to cry at this sight. "No, no, no, Pippa, none of this is your fault, do you understand?"

Pippa was barely listening. "It's been three goddamn years! Why can't I just get the fuck over him?!" She shrieked, crying into Lin's shoulder. 

Tears started to fill Lin's eyes at this point. He didn't even know what to say anymore. He pulled Pippa in tighter to him, letting out his own shuddered breath. 

"Baby, I love you. So much." He coaxed. "I'm so, so sorry that you had to go through that." 

Pippa wiped her eyes and looked up at Lin. "Stop." She pleaded, raising her thumb to wipe away his tears. 

A broken chuckle fell past Lin's chapped lips. "No, I'm fine, really." He straightened his spine and cleared his throat. "Why don't you lay back down and get comfy, and I'll go make breakfast. I'll come get you when it's ready, okay?"

"Lin, you don't have to do that..." Pippa's voice trailed away. 

"I want to do it." He softly kissed her lips. 

The mattress springs creaked as Lin stood up. He gestured for Pippa to lay down as he pulled the fluffy white covers over her petite frame. 

"Try to get some rest, alright? I love you." With that, he kissed Pippa's head one last time and headed downstairs to the kitchen. He made sure to leave the door slightly cracked open.

~~~~~

Lol imagine promising your bestie gal (abbydancesx) a soft valentine's oneshot of her fav couple and then writing THIS at 4 a.m. because you had a nightmare about your fantastic and beautiful boyfriend pulling a 180 and throwing a glass at your head and now you can'tgo back to sleep??? Lol yeah...def...uh...couldn't be me 😳😳