In Sickness and In Health

Requested by: nessa_peachess! My Love, I hope you enjoy!

"I'll just take a cab home, it'll be fine." Lin said into his cellphone on the way out of a meeting for his new production, Hamilton.

"You're sure you don't want me to come pick you up?" Pippa asked.

"No, no, of course not, don't come all the way out here." Lin shook his head. "That's stupid. Listen, I'll take a cab, and I can be home in half an hour."

"Alright. I'll see you in half an hour." Pippa smiled to herself. "I love you."

"Love you too, Pip."

~~~~~

Pippa did, in fact, see Lin half an hour later. Well, she was actually waiting to see Lin half an hour later.

Half an hour post that call, she found herself in the waiting room of the closet hospital to her apartment. She arrived there on the coattails of a phone call from a doctor asking if she was Phillipa Soo, and then proceeding to explain that her boyfriend had been brought in to their hospital by ambulance, and that she needed to come quickly.

And now, here she was, tapping her foot anxiously against the tile, halfway to the brink of insanity. Pippa had already bitten her nails down to the bone, untied and re-tied her hair into a ponytail at least five times, she found that scrolling through her socials or playing a game on her phone didn't help pass any of the time, so she had succumbed to the most annoying of all the nervous habits: tapping her foot.

"Phillipa Soo?" Pippa's white-noise filled mind suddenly cleared when she heard her name being called. She stood up and went over to where the doctor was, trying not to walk alarmingly quick. The doctor continued as they both walked down a hallway. "Listen, so your boyfriend, Lin-Manuel, am I correct?"

"Yes, Ma'am." Pippa nodded.

The doctor nodded as well. "So, he was in a pretty bad accident, couple cars, and the taxicab he was in. While the accident isn't at fault of the taxi driver, the car, as well as both passengers took the worst of the accident. Mr. Miranda is alright, nothing incredibly severe. Just a cracked rib and a fracture in his foot, but there were no concussions or anything fatal as a response to this accident." At that, Pippa started breathing a lot easier. "He's just around this corner, if you'd like to see him." She gestured around the corner of the hallway.

"Of course, thank you so much."

"Not a problem." The doctor smiled and rubbed Pippa's back quickly before she went off. Pippa anxiously turned the corner to the room where Lin was. She opened the door slowly, and gasped when she saw her boyfriend.

"Lin!" She exclaimed, running up to him. Pippa threw her arms around him in a hug, but soon drew back when she heard Lin wince in pain.

"Ribs, ribs, ribs, ahh!" His breaths passed through his lips in pants, seeing that breathing with a cracked rib hurts like none other.

"Sorry, sorry!" Pippa apologized as she stood back up.

"No, no, don't even worry about it." Lin shook his head.

"Don't worry about it?! Lin, you were in a car accident, not even ninety minutes ago, and you basically walked out untouched. Like, this could be a lot worse. But still, of course I'm going to worry about it!" Pippa exclaimed.

"I know, I know, but we're fine now. Well, I wouldn't say I'm "fine", per se, but I'm safe." Lin nodded. Pippa nodded, she leaned down and gave Lin's cheek a kiss. "Wait, Pip, hand me my coat." She turned around and picked up the coat on the table beside the bed. Pippa watched as Lin dug through the pockets before he stood up.

"What are you doing? Sit down!" Pippa exclaimed.

"No, no, shh. Shh." Lin shook his head as he got down on one knee. Pippa's breath was stolen from her once more as she realized what was happening in this white washed hospital room. "Now, I know that this isn't the ideal place for this, I know for a fact that it isn't what I planned, but Phillipa Soo, I love you more than words can express, so, My Love, will you marry me?"

Tears clouded her vision as she nodded and responded with a shaky, "yes".

Lin stood up as best as he could "Love, I took a cab home because cabs are faster than subways, and--"

"It doesn't matter." Pippa whispered. "I love you." Pippa placed a hand on either side of his face and they both melted into a passionate kiss.

~~~~~

A/N: nessa_peachess, I flipped the script on this one, but I hope you still liked it! All of my love! Xx. ❤