Clara Butterflies

Creds to nessa_peachess

Also, P.S., hello everyone, feel free to skip this one, it's trash. Okay, thanks! Show Business update coming soon! Xoxo! ❤

"What do you mean you're scared?" James asked, walking into the bedroom. Katherine had just spent the past ten minutes bubbling over in panicked words about how she was "scared" about Nutcracker season starting within the next 24 hours. Right after she'd rambled off all of these words, she ran off into the bedroom in a honestly terrible attempt of avoiding confrontation. James quietly shut the door and laid down next to Katherine. Even though her back was facing him, he could tell her breathing was unsteady. "Hey, talk to me, Love. What's going on?" James gently trailed his fingers up Katherine's arm and turned her to face him. "Hi." He said.

"Hi." Katherine frantically whispered back. Katherine tried to bury herself in between the pillows, but it was no use, she had backed herself into this corner, and there was no way of getting out of it now.

"What's wrong?" James asked once more.

"I'm scared." Katherine whispered.

"We've established that, My Love, but are you scared, or are you nervous? They're two different things, really." James pressed a kiss to the shorter girl's forehead.

"I don't know. I guess I'm more nervous." Katherine admitted.

"Why are you nervous? It's only Nutcracker, you've been doing this forever. It's gotta be something deeper than that, Love. I know you."

Katherine sighed. "I don't know. I don't know. I don't know!" Katherine cried. "I mean, my hands are shaking, and there are butterflies in my stomach that are even worse than the butterflies from when I met your parents for the first time."

"Those are some pretty bad butterflies, then, huh?"

"Yeah." Katherine cuddled closer to James. "And I don't know why I'm so nervous, or scared, or whatever you want to call it, I just am!"

"Hey, hey, you'll be amazing, I promise you." James kissed the bridge of her nose. "And I know you too well, because I know you're feeling the Clara butterflies, but you just won't admit it."

"I am not feeling the Clara butterflies." Katherine said.

"Yes you are, admit it." James laughed. "You're just too good of a person, and too humble, but I know you, Katherine. You want Clara pretty freaking badly, don't you?"

Katherine blushed. "No." She tried to play it off, but failed pretty horribly. "I already have the bet that Emmie is going to be Clara, and--"

"And you only made that bet because you didn't want anyone thinking you want Clara." James saw right through her. "There's nothing wrong with wanting the lead, My Love." James chuckled.

"Yes, there is. Because then I sound greedy, and bratty, and entitled, and it's just eating away at me." Katherine sighed.

"And why's it eating away at you if you don't want it?" James asked, knowing exactly where he was headed with his.

"Because I want it. And I'm scared I'm not good enough." Katherine's voice fell back to a whisper as tears pricked the corners of her eyes. Katherine buried her face into James' shoulder as he wrapped his arms around her.

"Katherine, you've worked so hard for this. And I'm not going to sugarcoat it, and say that you are going to get it, because you might not, okay? You know that. But I'll still love you either way, I'll still feel so blessed to get the opportunity to dance with you everyday, either way, Clara or not, you're still the most talented person I know." James kissed the top of her head.

"Promise?" Katherine asked in a small voice.

"I promise." James rubbed her back. "Now," He started, laying her head back on the pillow like they'd started. "About those Clara butterflies..." James tilted Katherine's chin up and kissed her lips. "Did that help any?"

~~~~~

A/N: Okay, sorry not sorry, this might get deleted later. I needed to vent and the Clara butterflies are real, let me tell you.

Have a good night, Loves! Xx. ❤