Script

We open in three days, and I'm dying. Sorry this is absolutely terrible.

Pippa had been so excited when she was finally handed her script for her new show, Amélie. She started right away with reading and researching the background of her character even more. Pippa was prepared to live and breathe this show, and completely throw herself into this role.

"Pip, you know the Joker story, be careful." Lin warned her one night when he found her slaving over the packet of papers. "You'll go mad if you get too deep into the role. You have to have the separation. Getting into the role 24/7 is really dangerous."

"I know, Lin." Pippa chuckled, turning around to peck Lin's lips.

"Alright, Sweetheart, just please keep yourself safe, yeah?" Lin rubbed her shoulder.

"Of course." Pippa smiled.

~~~~~

It was the night Lin was out of the apartment due to meetings for Mary Poppins Returns. Pippa found herself pacing, reciting her lines and singing her songs. She had to be just as good as she was in Hamilton. She had to prove she deserved to be here.

At the meeting, Lin found himself worrying; Pippa hadn't been answering his texts or calls, and he was worried that she had been focused on her character for her new show. Lin was concerned, she might've been borderline entering dangerous territory.

Lin got home, setting his things down before cautiously walking into the living area. He smiled softly when he saw Pippa asleep on the sofa, her script laying sloppily against her limp hand. Lin folded the script up and laid it on the table. After, he scooped Pippa up bridal style. "Shh, shh, it's just me. It's just Lin, go back to sleep, Love." Lin whispered, kissing Pippa's forehead once he felt her start to stir in his arms.

"Have to...show...and..." Pippa mumbled, coming in and out of sleep.

"Shh, Pip, go back to sleep, we can talk in the morning, okay?" By now they were back in the bedroom and Lin laid her down. "Goodnight, Pips." Lin kissed her once more and tucked her under the covers.

~~~~~

Could be rewritten? Maybe? I don't know, Nutcracker is killing me at the moment.