More Believable

Of all the people Pippa could be roomed with in her freshman year at Julliard, she had to be roomed with a girl named Maria.

Maria Stewart was probably the most talented freshman. (She also had quite the reputation due to her rich dad basically paying for her to be here. She didn't even have to audition).

During her time at Julliard, Pippa and Maria and somewhat become rivals. Not to mention just talent rivals; Maria had even tired to kiss Pippa's boyfriend, Lin, on more than one occasion.

That jealous snake.

~~~~~

"Exam fever much?" Lin asked as he came into Pippa's dorm room.

Pippa shook her head and scribbled vocal rest onto her mini whiteboard in her lap.

Lin subtly rolled his eyes. "You were fine two hours ago. So let me repeat myself." He sat beside her on her bed. "Exam fever much?"

Pippa parted her lips to speak, but quickly closed her mouth.

"You can speak, Sweetheart. You're okay." Lin rubbed her kneecap. "I get you're nervous, but you don't have to go mute on me."

Yes, I do. Pippa scribbled down.

Lin frowned as he read what else she wrote down.

Let's just get this project done.

Pippa leaned forward and opened her laptop so they could start their music history assignment.

~~~~~

"What happened to vocal rest?" Lin crossed his arms and leaned against the doorframe of one of the dorm rehearsal studios. "Don't act like you weren't just singing your, extremely difficult, mind you, exam piece."

Pippa looked up and sighed. "Sorry, I was trying to persevere my voice for today's lesson."

"According to the schedule, your lesson wrapped hours ago." Lin sat on the piano bench beside Pippa. "I don't want you to legitimately strain your voice with exams actually coming up."

"I know." Pippa looked down at the ivory and ink keys under her fingertips.

"So what is all this extra work about? You're going to ace the exam."

Pippa sighed. "Proving a point."

Lin thought for a moment. "If you say to Maria..."

"Yes, to Maria!" Pippa exclaimed. "She's always saying how much better she is than me, and how I'm untalented, and--"

"And I always say how talented you are. What makes her words more believable than mine?" Lin rubbed Pippa's knee once more. She didn't have an answer for him. "Exactly." Lin commented at her silence. "Now, let's get you some water, yeah? How do movies sound tonight?"

"They sound great." Pippa smiled gently.

~~~~~

I started a new workout/stretching routine on top of usual and extra conditioning, and I feel like I'm about to die. Kind of like my body is going against me. But I'll be okay.

On that note, everyone go send "feel better" cuddles and messages to abbydancesx! She isn't feeling her best, so go spread some love and good vibes over to Abby!

Lots of love xx

-Kath