Out of the Woods

milomurphy2

When we decided to move the furniture so we could dance, Baby, like we stood a chance

14 Years Old

"Lin, this is crazy!" Pippa laughed as Lin sushed her.

"Shh, we don't want to wake up my parents, do we?" He asked as he pushed the couch back.

"Thank you so much for this." Pippa whispered.

"Of course." Lin smiled. "Now, the most important thing to remember about waltz is that..." Lin began as he moved Pippa's arm to his shoulder, and his own arm to her waist. He took her free hand, completing the proper waltz frame as he kept talking. "The girl always starts with her right foot back. Oh, and that you chemistry with your partner." Lin joked, quickly kissing her cheek.

"You're a dork." She laughed.

"Hey, you want this role, don't you? I'm here to help you secure that."

Pippa Soo relocated to Maine all the way from New York just a year after that.

Remember when you hit the breaks too soon, twenty sitches in the hospital room

22 Years Old

It was a flash. The whole thing. That turn that was a bit too sharp, and the gas that was being pressed on just a bit too hard. And the hospital room. Pippa woke up, blinded by the white wash of the room. She glanced at the board beside her.

Fractured arm.

That would explain the cast and sling. Pippa tried to recall what happened. Right, she was in a car accident. She looked up as someone slowly walked into her room. "Hi, how are you?"

"Hi, I'm fine. Who are--" Pippa stopped when she realized who this was. It was Lin, her childhood best friend. Not much had changed, maybe the length of his hair, but nothing too much else. "Are you okay?!" Pippa exclaimed.

"Yeah, yeah, I'm fine. They said you got the worst of it. I am so, so sorry."

"Don't even worry about it. And while this is a weird circumstance to reunite under, I'm kind of glad I got to see you again." Pippa smiled. They spent the next hour and a half reminiscing over the past and what they've done since they were 14 years old. "Wait, what happened?" Pippa gasped at the gash down his cheek that she somehow didn't notice.

"That's my battle scar from this whole thing. Twenty stitches."

The monsters turned out to be just trees. When the sun came up, you were looking at me.

26 Years Old

"I freaking love you." Lin whispered, kissing Pippa for the millionth time that night.

"I love you too." She laughed, seeing the Sun come up through the window beind Lin. She laid down and leaned into Lin's shoulder.

"I'm so happy to have married you, Pippa, you have no idea."