Thanksgiving Flowers

Write what you know

Lin locked the apartment door behind himself, placing the bags of Thanksgiving groceries onto the counter. He smiled softly as he heard Pippa's voice speaking into the phone.

"So, that's Monday, yes?"

Lin was "absolutely whipped" as Groff would say. He hummed the tune that he had been playing with on the piano as he set cans of green beans into a corner by the stove; he would need to start cooking those early tomorrow.

Meanwhile, Pippa was finishing up her phone call with her director. She was just called in for a last minute press shoot for Natasha, Pierre.

The phone call had sent her into a spiral. She hadn't been preparing for a photoshoot as she should have been.

Pippa whipped her body towards the vanity mirror in her shared bedroom with Lin. Her eyes rapidly studied her waistline as she pivoted her body to have the mirror reflect her profile.

Thoughts blurred together in her brain, and she suddenly lost control of her body. Pippa ran into the bathroom down the hall and, without thinking, she violently slid her fingers past her tongue and down her throat.

Her chest contracted, squeezing tightly, only forcing Pippa to retch forward further.

Lin's humming halted and his hand froze as he heard the uncontrolled coughing and retching from the upstairs bathroom.

"Pippa?" He shouted, setting ingredients down as he started heading towards the staircase. He took a quick listen, and the coughing did not stop. "Pippa!" Lin called once more, running up the stairs and pushed the bathroom door open.

Pippa didn't even notice. Her mind was still overflowing with tumultuous thoughts, and her fingers and toes had started to feel like static.

"Pippa! Why are you doing that? Stop!" Lin exclaimed, placing his hand on Pippa's shoulder and yanking her away from the toilet.

"I have a shoot...on Monday, and--" Pippa tried to speak, but her breaths were laboured, and her throat was raw. Her voice was hoarse.

"Baby, shh, shh." Lin coaxed, helping Pippa stand up. He flushed the toilet and helped Pippa wash her hands.

After pumping a sufficient amount soap onto Pippa's palms, Lin let her scrub and wash her hands as he prepared a toothbrush for Pippa.

Tears continued to run down Pippa's cheeks as she washed her hands and brushed her teeth. When she was all cleaned up, Lin took her hand and led her to their bathroom.

He opened a bottom drawer of the aforementioned vanity and grabbed Pippa's favorite pair of fluffy pajama pants. They were white and fuzzy, and were decorated with cute little Santa Claus cartoons and candy canes.

Lin also grabbed one of his own flannels, knowing that Pippa liked to steal his flannels, claiming that they were "more snuggly" than women's flannels.

He handed the clothes to Pippa and began to head out the door to let her change.

"Stay." Pippa croaked out, making Lin spin around.

"Okay, I'll stay." Lin smiled softly. "Do you want me to help?" He asked.

Pippa nodded sheepishly, handing the flannel back over to Lin. He knew her body was weak and feeling the aftereffects of her purge.

He carefully pulled her nice shirt off of her torso, noting how unbelievably heavy it must have felt on her. He was glad she would be changing into something more comfy.