Happy Tears

"No. No. No, no!" Pippa paced her apartment floor. Her fingers nervously danced across the weeks on her calendar, before she just succumbed to her racing mind, and gave up. "What am I supposed to do, Tobi?" She asked, snuggling the puppy close to her. Pippa dryly laughed when Tobi just curled into her side and started falling asleep. "Me too, Tobi." Pippa pet their puppy, and laid down on the sofa herself, starting to fall asleep.

~~~~~

Pippa opened her eyes about a half an hour later to the feeling of Lin pressing a gentle kiss to her forehead. "Hi."

"Hi." Lin said. "You and Tobi looked really comfy. I'm sorry to wake you." Lin kissed her lips.

"No, don't worry about it." Pippa said with a smile, but once she remembered what was actually going on, her smile fell.

"What's wrong?" Lin asked, noticing her drop in emotion. He rubbed his thumb over her cheek.

"Oh, nothing, my headache just came back." Pippa lied. She knew Lin was aware of the fact that she hadn't been feeling well.

"I'm sorry." Lin frowned. "I'll let you go back to sleep. Do you want to go up to bed."

"I don't want to wake Tobi, I'll stay here."

"You sure?" Lin asked.

"Sure."

"Okay, get some rest, now, Love." Lin gave her forehead one more kiss before leaving her to sleep a little longer.

~~~~~

Pippa laid awake on that sofa for almost twenty five minutes before the nervousness that was building in her stomach just started completely eating away at her. She gently stood up, without waking Tobi, and went to go find Lin. She found him in their shared bedroom, and she knocked on the doorframe to get his attention. "Hey, Lin?" Pippa was surprised that she didn't stutter.

"Hey, Love. I thought you were sleeping. What's up?"

"Can we talk for a moment?" Pippa squeezed her eyes shut out of sheer nervousness for a moment.

"Sure, anything. What's wrong? Why are you so nervous all of a sudden?" Lin sat down beside her on the bed and rubbed the top of her knee.

"Okay, I know, I know you're working on your new show, and I know that...sorry." Pippa whispered the last word as a few tears started slipping down her cheeks.

"Hey, hey, what's wrong, Pip?" Lin dried her tears. "You can tell me anything."

"I'm so sorry, I am, I just...I know that I should've been--" She choked through a couple of sobs.

"Come here, Pip." Lin leaned his wife into his chest and wrapped her in his arms. "Breathe, breathe. You're okay. You're okay. We don't have to talk right now, if you're not up to it right now. I know you're not feeling well." Lin rubbed her back.

Pippa nodded and lifted her head from his shoulder. "Can we talk a little later. I'm sorry."

"No, don't be sorry. Of course, I'm here to talk about whatever it is, whenever you're ready."

"Thank you so much, Lin. I love you."

"I love you too, Pippa."

~~~~~

Dinner was had in silence that night, Pippa still not knowing how to approach this situation just yet. It wasn't until right before the couple was about to go to bed, that she found the words she wanted to use.

"Lin?" Pippa tapped the side of the bed next to her as if to ask him to sit down beside her.

"Yeah?" He asked, sitting beside his wife, giving her head a kiss. Pippa blushed and took one of Lin's hands in her one of her shaking ones. "Why are you shaking so badly, Love?" Lin chuckled gently.

"S-Surprise!" Pippa nervously exclaimed, laying Lin's hand flat on her stomach.

Lin's face shifted in confusion for a moment before his eyebrows softened out of their furrowed state, and his lips broke out into a smile? "You're pregnant?!" Lin exclaimed excitedly, smiling even brighter when Pippa quickly nodded. Lin pulled his wife into a passionate kiss, having to separate when a lack oxygen became an obstacle.

"So, you're not mad?" Pippa asked quietly, after she caught her breath.

"Mad? Pippa, of course I'm not mad! I'm ecstatic!" He peppered her face with kisses. Pippa smiled and finally took a real breath. She was so relieved. "Why are you crying, Pip?"

She just shook her head. "Happy tears. Happy tears." Pippa gave Lin yet another kiss. "I love you so much."

"I love you so much more, Pippa." Lin leant down and kissed her still-flat stomach. "And I love you too, Baby."

~~~~~

A/N: Yay, something happy after all of the sad updates in Double Major! Hope you loved it! Xx. ❤