My Michelle // Rockstar AU

Your daddy works in porno, now that mommy's not around. She used to love her heroin, but now she's underground

"I don't know if it is best for you to come on tour with us, Pippa. You need to be here with your family." Lin coaxed, the liquor finally off of his breath.

They were tangled up under cheap motel bedsheets, with only a couple cares in the world. Pippa had spent the night out at Lin's concert with the rest of the band. She had been the band's sweetheart for the past three years, and had been on every tour with them as well. 

"Dad doesn't need me, shit." Pippa scoffed. 

Lin's eyes scanned Pippa's face. Her skin had gone pale and the glimmer in her eyes had dimmed. Since her mother's overdose, she hadn't been the same. She'd never admit that, though. 

"It's only been a week, Pippa. You can't keep partying it all away with us." Lin stated. "Running away with us on tour, as much as I'd love you there, isn't going to be good for you either, my love." 

Pippa sighed. "But partying with you and the band is much more fun." She took a deep breath. "If anything, Dad wants me gone. That way he can bring that whore of his back to the house."

"Woah, Pippa, what are you talking about? Your dad's got a whore?" Lin bit back a snicker as he propped himself up on his elbow.

"Oh yeah, since highschool." Pippa nodded.

They were both long out of highschool and fresh out of college. 

"He'd bribe my silence by buying alcohol for all those parties we threw." Pippa chuckled. "As if Mom was ever sober long enough to realize what was going on there, anyways."

Lin sighed, shaking his head. "We were so young." A brokenhearted snicker fell past his lips. "Too fucking young."

"But we're still young..." Pippa danced her fingers around Lin's neck, pulling him into a kiss. "And I think it's the best option for me to leave with you guys next week." 

“You can’t run away from your problems forever.” Lin whispered. 

“You do it all the time.” Pippa whispered back, brushing Lin’s lips with a few more feather light kisses. 

Lin smirked, pulling Pippa so that her weight was on top of him. “Cheeky.” He giggled, burying his head into her neck, kissing the skin there.

So you stay out late at night, and you do your coke for free. Drivin' your friends crazy with your life's insanity

"Lin?" Pippa asked, looking immediately up from her magazine. She watched in somewhat horror as Lin stumbled onto the tour bus, an arm draped over each of his bandmates — lovingly referred to as Groff and Lac, respectively. 

“Hey, Pip,  uh…we didn’t know you were still going to be here.” Groff explained as he laid Lin down across a small sofa in the bus. 

“Yeah, uh, where else would I-“ She started, but immediately cut herself off when she saw Lin’s black eye and bloody nose. “Damn, what happened?”

Groff and Lac shared an anxious glance, silently debating who was going to tell Pippa. As they were trying to decide who would explain the situation, Pippa caught Lin’s eyes slipping shut. 

Pippa was quick to stand over Lin’s blacked out body. She rolled her hand into a fist and started running her knuckles over Lin’s sternum. 

“Groff,” Pippa started directing. “Go get some ice for his eye, and Lac, go grab some pillows off the bunks. He needs to get his head lifted up.”