The One Where Groff Gets An "I Told You So"

Requested by and written for: Lego4life12! I hope you enjoy this one, Love! Xx. ❤

Set in L.A.

"Groff, do I have to?" Lin rolled his eyes. "You know how I feel about blind dates."

"Yes, you have to. She's great. You'll love her."

"Groff, really? 'Love' might be a bit of a stretch." Lin told his friend.

"No. No it is not. She loves Broadway, she loves all animals, and she's very single. I think you'll really like her." Jonathan stated, proudly.

"Fine." Lin scoffed. "I agree to it."

"Great, because I got you two reservations at that new Italian restaurant on 5th."

"Jonathan!" Lin exclaimed before breaking out into laughter. "You're crazy, but fine. Fine. I'll be there."

"Awesome."

~~~~~

Sooner rather than later, it was five p.m., and Lin was sitting at a table set for two, anxiously waiting for his blind date to show up. He turned around when he heard the little bell sound when the door was open. The hostess led her to Lin's table, and Lin smiled brightly when she sat down.

"Hello." She said quietly, taking her seat.

"Hey. I'm Lin."

"Pippa." The girl in front of him spoke up this time and smiled.

My gosh, she had a beautiful smile.

"So, tell me a bit about yourself." Lin started a conversation.

"Um, I really love live theatre, if I could sing and act, I would totally be on Broadway. But...I can't." Pippa chuckled, and so did Lin.

My gosh, she had such a great personality.

"So, as of now, I train dolphins at SeaWorld."

"You train dolphins? That's so cool! So what do you train them to do?" Lin asked.

Pippa chuckled. "Like the shows. Where they do all the tricks."

"That's really cool!"

"So, what do you do?" Pippa asked, taking a sip of the glass of water she was given.

"I write Broadway shows." Lin said, and Pippa's eyes widened. "You know In The Heights?"

"Wait, I love that show! I had the soundtrack on the way here! Wait...you wrote Heights?!"

"Yep. That's me." He chuckled.

"That's crazy!" Pippa smiled so brightly.

~~~~~

Needless to say, dinner went over well, and both Lin and Pippa were both very impressed with each other.

After dinner, one thing led to another, and they found themselves on the way to a show at SeaWorld. They got going there on the phrase Lin said, along the lines of "well, you know quite a lot about what I've done, so I want to go see what you do."

And that's how they ended up in a cab on the way to SeaWorld.

The show was astounding! Lin was incredibly impressed by these animals, and to think that the girl he met only a few hours ago trained them to do these tricks, was pretty cool.

As the show wrapped, one last dolphin performed an impressive trick as the finale, before splashing back into the water. "That's Jewel. She's my favorite." Pippa leaned over to Lin and whispered as applause filled the area.

Lin just smiled to himself, could she get any cuter?

"Well," Pippa began as Lin opened the car door for her, back at her apartment. "I really enjoyed tonight."

"I did too." Lin smiled. "Maybe we can meet up again sometime. Maybe go see a show."

"I would love that." Pippa smiled. "Have a good night, Lin."

"You too." He waved as she entered her apartment. Lin got back into the cab and went back to his place. Upon arrival, he dialed up Groff, who in the end of it all, was responsible for this whole thing.

"So, how was it?" Groff excitedly asked.

"Great. Amazing. She's just wonderful!" Lin gushed.

"Do I get an 'I told you so'?"

"Fine." Lin laughed.

"Hah, I told you so!" Groff taunted.

~~~~~

A/N: Hey! Lego4life12, thanks for the request, I hope you liked it! Xx. ❤