The Fight // Dancer AU

Dedicated to the biggest Leather and Satin shipper, next to my best friend, Emmie, nessa_peachess Xx. ❤

Based on real life events, but this is 100% not what actually what happened, haha!

~~~~~

"Good morning." Pippa said as she walked into the studios for that morning. She sipped her espresso as she sat down, getting her pointe shoes out, and putting them on for the long day ahead of her.

"Morning, Love!" Jasmine  called back, smiling. "Lin here yet?" She asked, and Pippa's head shot up.

"L-Lin?" Pippa stuttered. "Lin? Why do you ask about Lin? What would I know about Lin being here or not?" She nervously chuckled as she rambled off a bunch of points that made no sense.

"I ask because you two have been living together for two years." Jasmine  frowned. "Why are you so weird about it all of a sudden?"

"Weird about what?" Pippa looked back down at the ribbons she was tying around her ankles.

"About Lin." Jasmine  sighed, sitting beside her friend. "Did something happen?"

Pippa scoffed. "No, Jazzy, of course not. You're delusional." Pippa rolled her eyes in hopes that it would help sell her lie.

"If she's delusional, than why has Lin been sleeping on my couch?" Jonathan asked, appearing out of what Pippa thought was thin air.

"What do you mean?" Pippa gasped.

"I mean your boyfriend, if he even is that to you anymore..." Jonathan started, walking closer to the girls. Jasmine 's eyes widened at his sentence. "Showed up at my apartment a few nights ago, asking for somewhere to sleep."

"What the heck happened, Pippa?!" Jasmine  exclaimed.

"Nothing!" Pippa exclaimed right back and sighed. Right as Pippa stood up, their director walked in, clapping her hands. Mere seconds after, a fairly distressed Lin ran into the studios.

"I'm sorry, sub...subway issues, and...I was running, and..." Lin apologized to their director as he tried to catch his breath.

"It doesn't matter. You're here now, first marks." The director clapped once more, and rehearsals began.

~~~~~

Post rehearsal, Jasmine  was back, interrogating Pippa on why her favorite couple in existence broke up.

"Jazzy, we didn't break up!" Pippa repeated for the millionth time. She was honestly getting sick of this conversation.

"Then why isn't Lin living with you anymore?"

"Because things happen sometimes." Pippa sighed, looking down at her water bottle in hand. She flipped the plastic bottle between hands to distract herself.

"Stop." Jasmine  took the bottle from Pippa's hands, and she stashed it in her own bag. "You'll get it back when you tell me what happened." Pippa whined in protest. "Pip, no! Tell me what's wrong! Have you two even slept in the same bed recently?!"

Of course they had. Right up until those few nights ago, when the walls seemed to cave in on the two. They had always slept in the same bed. Nothing ever occured. Well, nothing besides Lin's arm always falling around her waist. Nothing besides Pippa always feeling safe beside him. Nothing besides the fact that she always had sweet dreams. But truthfully, nothing past that ever happened. And Pippa wanted to say that of course they had slept in the same bed recently, just to get out of this conversation, but instead, she said, "How long ago do you consider recently?"

That sent Jasmine  over the edge in regards to this conversation. "Pippa," She grabbed Pippa's hand and pulled her into a smaller studio in the building. She closed the door. "Spill. What happened?"

Pippa sighed. There was no going back now. "Fine." She said, and with that, Pippa started to tell Jasmine  all about the fight. The fight that started out petty, but escalated way too quickly. The fight that sent a plate to the floor, and a shard of glass into her leg. The fight that made the room raise one hundred degrees. The fight that could be defined by a slamming door. The fight that sent Lin to Jonathan's. The fight that left the left side of the bed empty.

~~~~~

Meanwhile, Lin found himself pacing a line in the living room of Jonathan's apartment. Jonathan was out getting some groceries, and a card for someone's birthday. Lin didn't really know, he wasn't really listening. All he could focus on was that freaking fight. The fight that had been replaying in his mind day in, and day out, since he slammed that door shut. Lin's mind spun with thoughts. All kinds of thoughts. Scary ones to be honest. And those scary thoughts were his driving force to run back to where he called home.

He quickly unlocked the door and stepped inside, preparing himself in every way for Pippa to be beyond angry with him, she had every right to be, after all. "Pippa?" Lin asked softly, turning every corner of the apartment, and soon realizing their bedroom door had been closed for the most part. He opened that door too, and instinctively smiled at the sight of the room; Pippa, lying peacefully under the covers, nothing seeming to bother her. Lin also couldn't help but notice how tidy the room was. Heck, how tidy the whole place was. It hadn't looked this clean in a while, and this made Lin more sad than anything. Sad because he knew Pippa did it out of the sole search of finding a fulfilling enough distraction to, well, distract her from the fight they'd had. Lin had to force away the scary thought of Pippa falling so manic that she did all the tidying up and cleaning in an hour. While that was a scary thought, Lin knew it was probably true.

He took a few steps closer, and his smile fell all together. Stains from tears shone against her flushed cheeks. His own breath shuddered at this as he approached the bed and laid down beside Pippa. Lin placed his hands around her waist as per usual, and he pressed a gentle kiss to her forehead. He felt the girl begin to stir as she began to wake up. The sudden intrusion from Lin had apparently woken her up, yet she kept her eyes shut. She couldn't bear to even look at him right now.

At the same time Pippa started to somewhat wake up, Lin started to doze off. He hadn't slept more than two hours in the past three days, and being at home with Pippa was where he found the comfort he had been lacking. "Pip," Lin mumbled in a whisper, as he started falling asleep, himself. "You were not being terrible, I was." Yawns punctuated his sentences. "You are an immensely talented ballerina, My Love, and I know..." He paused and yawned. "I know what I've said has gone to your head already, but Pippa, I was so freaking wrong." By the end of his apology speech, Lin was pretty much already asleep, like the sheer task of speaking wore him out.

All that being said, Pippa opened her eyes, and turned to face an already asleep Lin. "I'm sorry for yelling at you. I missed you so much." She drew in a shaky breath, still not over from how sad and teary eyed she'd been the past few days, especially as she tried to hide it from everyone. "I accept your apology. I love you."