Sick Days and Soap Operas

A little something cute for nessa_peachess

"I'm sorry you don't feel well, Love." Pippa frowned, sitting on the couch at Lin's feet. He hadn't been feeling well since basically the plague struck the whole cast. Everyone was getting sick, and somehow, Pippa had managed to stay healthy.

"I'm...fine." Lin's sentence was punctuated with coughs as his shoulders slumped down. "I hate being sick." He murmured.

"I know you do." Pippa's frown remained as she ran her thumb over Lin's cheek. Thankfully, he didn't catch a fever, like some of the cast had, but he still felt terribly. "But everyone's just focused on getting better, and that's what you should be doing." Pippa smirked, directing Lin's gaze to his huge pile of notes he was working on to give at rehearsals, once everyone was there and well.

"Well, how else was I supposed to kill the time?" Lin argued back.

"Hey, I was gone grocery shopping for not even an hour!" Pippa laughed. "And I promised you that we'd watch TV when I got back."

"So why aren't we doing that?" Lin asked.

"Because you won't move over!" Pippa laughed once more.

"Alright, alright." Lin chuckled lightly and scooted over, giving Pippa room to sit. She picked up the remote and selected some random episode of General Hospital that was on. "We're going to watch a soap opera?" Lin asked, staring over at his girlfriend.

"Yes, because what else is on at four p.m.?"

"Okay, fair."

"Alright," Pippa said after a few minutes of watching the show in silence. "If they ever make a movie out of Hamilton, I declare camera angles this dramatic."

"I'm all for it." Lin joked, his voice raspy. He fell into a fit of coughing before settling back under his avalanche of blankets. "I also think "Burn" would be even better if you just started crying like that." Lin pointed to the screen as one of the characters was overdramatically bawling her eyes out over borderline nothing.

"I agree." Pippa laughed. And the rest of their sick day was spent laughing at soap opera drama, and fantasizing about Hamilton becoming a soap opera, but the big thing was that they were together, and they'd never have it any other way.