Game

Phillipa Soo and Lin-Manuel Miranda: More Than Stage Kisses?

"Lin? Lin, did you see this?" Pippa turned the corner and entered Lin's dressing room. He was already in his Hamilton costuming, and was working on pulling his hair up.

"Did I see what? What's wrong?" Lin quickly dropped his hands from his hair, and turned to face Pippa. "Why do you look so worried?"

"Look!" She handed Lin her phone. He quickly scanned over the article, his eyes widening as he read further.

"How'd they get this? You didn't send the dinner pictures to anyone did you?" Lin asked Pippa.

"No. Nor did I post them anywhere."

"Well, neither did I!" Lin exclaimed. By now he had handed his girlfriend her phone back and went back to focusing on pulling his hair up.

"How'd this even happen? We were so careful about it." Pippa sighed, leaning up against the doorframe.

"Hour call!" Someone called. Lin and Pippa both called back a, 'thank you', and went back to their conversation.

"What are we going to do?" Pippa closed her eyes for a moment.

"Love," Lin approached her and grabbed both of her hands. "We're going to figure it out. I promise you that we will. But for now, we have a show. We get to go disappear into this world we're all creating. For two and a half hours, this doesn't exist, alright?"

Pippa nodded. "Alright."

~~~~~

The show went off without a hitch. The only big mistake was Lin almost tripping over the turning part of the stage, as it was turning, but everyone said it was unnoticeable, so that was a relief to hear.

Thank goodness.

By now, Lin and Pippa had gotten back to their shared apartment. Things of Pippa's were still in various boxes, scattered around, but they had finally, officially moved in together.

"We've got to figure this out." Pippa sighed, falling onto the couch and placing her head in her hands.

"Let's think about this, though, Pip." Lin sat beside her and rubbed her back once or twice, getting Pippa to look up. His hand still moved up and down her back as he kept talking. "Maybe this isn't as terrible as it seems."

"How?!" Pippa exclaimed. "Have you been seeing what these people are calling you?!"

"What?" Lin scrunched his eyebrows together in confusion.

"Everyone is saying terrible stuff about you! Saying that you're just using me for someone to sleep with, and how you don't really love me, and how this is all a stunt of some sort, and--" Pippa began.

"Shh, Love, it's okay. We both know that isn't true, so why are we going to let it get to us, hmm?" Lin gave her a quick kiss.

"Well, I mean..."

"See, I'm the voice of reason in this partnership." Lin chuckled.

Pippa chuckled dryly and laid down on Lin's shoulder. "It just...doesn't make sense. How they even got the picture, and why everyone has to input negative opinions on this. Like, it's not their life."

"Yeah, but that's the thing, Pip, this is a game, and we are the pawns."

"I don't like this game." She sighed.

"I know. I don't either. But we'll be okay."

~~~~~

A/N: Sorry that this is so short! I hope you still enjoyed! Xx. ❤