Willing To Fight

"Thank you!" Pippa said, waving to her taxi driver. She looked behind both of her shoulders before she quickly slipped behind the stage door. Pippa set her belongings down before running down the hall and onto the stage.

All the commotion made Lin spin around, and his face broke out into broad sunshine when he saw Pippa. "Hey, Baby." Lin muttered into her shoulder as she threw her arms around him.

Pippa lifted her head from Lin's shoulder and smiled. Lin captured her lips in a deep kiss. Pippa giggled softly as they separated from the kiss once oxygen became an obstacle. "I love you." Pippa whispered.

"I love you too." Lin smiled, kissing the tip of her nose. Lin looked Pippa in the eye once more, and frowned when Pippa's smile fell. "What is it?" He whispered, running his thumb over her cheek.

"I don't like hiding. It's makes me feel guilty." Pippa whispered. Lin frowned. He parted his lips to speak, but he soon jumped away from Pippa when another voice filled the theater.

"Hey, Guys. What's going on here?" Groff asked, turning onto the stage.

"Oh, hi, Groff." Pippa turned around.

"Hey..." Groff's voice trailed off. "What's going on here?"

"Oh, um, Pippa had something in her eye..."

Groff skeptically frowned at the two. "Whatever you guys say." Groff chuckled gently. He went to put his belongings in his dressing room.

Lin exhaled. "That was close." Pippa just stared at the floor. Her hands started to shake, and her brought her shaky fingers to her eyes to wipe away her pending tears. Lin was about to talk her though this, but she just shook her head, turning away, and disappearing into her dressing room.

~~~~~

"Why's Pippa crying?" Jasmine asked Renèe, later that same morning.

"Pippa's crying?" Renèe frowned.

"Yeah, go to her dressing room." The oldest Schuyler Sister went down the hall to Pippa's room. Renèe reached for the doorknob, but sighed when she learned the door was locked.

"Pip, it's Renèe, can you let me in, please?" Pippa sighed, standing up and unlocking the door. She swung the door open, and Renèe gasped at the sight of her friend. Pippa was curled up in a hoodie, her hair was pinned into a sloppy bun, and her eyes were bright red. "Hey, hey, Love, what's going on?" Renèe gently backed Pippa back into her dressing room.

"Nothing." Pippa mumbled, running her hand, that was hidden under the hoodie sleeve, under her eyes.

"There's something wrong, Pip. You wouldn't be crying this much if there wasn't anything wrong." Renèe sat down with Pippa. Pippa took a few deep breaths, pulling her hands all the way out of her sleeves. She scooted closer to Renèe on the couch, and gave her a hug. "You're shaking, Pippa, what's going on?" Renèe hugged Pippa back.

"I just don't feel well." Pippa mumbled.

Renèe frowned once more. "Do you feel that bad?" Pippa nodded. She felt so childish, but she couldn't help it; she was terrified. "Well, I don't think you should be rehearsing if you feel this sick."

"No, I have to. I'm fine."

"No, you're not. None of us want you to work yourself sick." Renèe told Pippa. "Why don't we go talk to Lin? He'll understand. He wouldn't want you sick either."

Pippa sighed. "Fine." She whispered, knowing that she wouldn't be able to pull herself out of this headspace, to be able to perform. Nor did she think that her stomachache would go away by the time rehearsal started.

~~~~~

Pippa did get permission to go home from Lin. He completely understood and let her go.

"Hey, Princess." Lin called, walking into their secretly shared apartment. "Feeling any better?" He walked over to Pippa, who was curled up on the couch.

"No. I could've rehearsed today, either way." She mumbled.

"No, you couldn't have, Babe. You were in a weird headspace. Groff scared you, I know what happened with him did, but we're okay." Lin kissed Pippa's forehead.

"L-Lin?" Pippa stuttered after a mintue or two of silence. "I don't think we should continue this."

"Continue what?" Lin quickly grew concerned. "You're trying to break up with me?" Pippa looked down, ashamed. "No, I won't let you." Pippa looked up at Lin. "Pippa, why would we throw away something that is so freaking good?" Pippa didn't respond. "Babe, I won't let you leave this behind."

"I don't want to cause you pain." Pippa sighed, tears hitting her cheeks.

"Pippa, if you're trying to leave because you're scared of people finding out, then why don't we just tell everyone?!" Lin exclaimed, losing his calm voice. He stood up and faced Pippa.

"No! We can't do that!" Pippa exclaimed, standing up quickly, but having to sit right back down because she was dizzy. 

"Why can't we, Pippa?!"

"Because!" Pippa shouted.

"Because you're scared? Because you don't want to cause pain? Love, if you're going to be an artist, you're going to have to get used to causing and recieving pain. It's part of the job, this is all part of the job." Lin explained.

"Sneaking around and constantly feeling guilty is all part of the job?! Lin, my family doesn't even know we're together!" Tears started falling down her cheeks. The room fell into a painful silence. "I'm going to bed." Pippa whispered.

"No." Lin told her. "You're staying here until we figure this out."

"Lin, I feel like I'm going to throw up, just let me go to bed!" Pippa cried. She turned the corner, and Lin followed her, getting under the covers next to his girlfriend. He wrapped her up in his arms, even though she faced her back to Lin. "I don't want to cause you pain." Pippa repeated in a whisper.

"Nobody said this love was going to be easy, Pippa, but I'm willing to fight for you."

Pippa turned to Lin. "I'm willing to fight for you too."

~~~~~

This was loosely inspired by a sentence in "Change" by abbydancesx. Also, I'm having a bit of writer's block for Show Business, so hang on with me there.

Anyways, I hope you enjoyed! Xx. ❤