Hospital (Part 2)

The second part of my train wreck of a story, hope you enjoy it!
————————-
Feeling the fresh breeze on her face, Anya inhaled deeply. She looked around her as she kept turning the pedals. She could see the grey building from the distance, she had almost made it to the hospital.

Turning her gaze to her pocket, she bit her lip. She didn't want to think about Jessica and what she had just said to her. She was the one who had made a mistake, not Anya. It wasn't her problem that the tiny decided to ditch her at the last minute.

Anya sighed and slowed her movements while she turned the wheel to the right, rising on the saddle for a second.

I'm sick of your f*cking ego, she'd said. Anya never recalls any other moment that Jess dared to curse at her. What was the difference now?

She thought about her own actions. Indeed, she grabbed and threatened her but it was just her anger. Jessica couldn't blame her for it.

At least, that was what Anya wanted to believe.

————————————

The zipper slid down. Jess opened up her eyes as the light filled into the little pocket. The slender fingers gently encircled her torso and plucked her out. Jess rubbed her eyes and looked around her from Anya's palm.

They were at the reception.

"H-Hey there," Jess said shyly to the nurse. Anya had entered from the section of mixed races. So Jess had to crane her neck to see the nurse fully.

"How can I help you?"

"We came to visit Kathie Smith. I'm her sister,"

Jess picked her ID out from her wallet and handed it to the woman. The nurse pinched the small card in between her index and thumb, smiling down at her.

"Okay...Just wait for a second...I'll check if they could bring her to the mixed section."

Jess cocked a brow at her.

"She's not coming with me," She pointed to Anya with her head.

"Hey," Anya lifted her hand to her face.

"It's not the right time to be annoying. I'd like to see Kathie too."

Jess narrowed her eyes at her but didn't say anything further.

"Whatever..."
——————————-
A doctor brought a glass box in his hands. The box was actually a room that was designed for tiny patients. The doctor set the glass room onto the table in front of Anya. Jess quickly rushed towards the door and let herself in, giving her sister a tight embrace.

"Are you okay? What happened?" Jess said to Kathie as she kept pressing her face on her chest. Kathie let out a tired chuckle and gently pushed her sister off her, pulling the covers closer to herself. She was freezing.

"Y-Yeah, I'm fine." Kathie coughed, she was looking exhausted.

Jess realized that Kathie's leg was in a cast and glanced up in horror to see the doctor.

"What happened to her?" She said in worry, hoped that it wasn't something harsh that she expected.

The doctor plucked out some documents from his pocket and set them by the glass door.

"Kathie's going to be okay, her leg is not fully broken, only her fingers are crushed." It didn't sound so soothing but it was better than a broken leg, Jess thought.

"A giant accidentally stepped on her leg. But luckily, he was quick to recoil as he realized Kathie was beneath him."

"What?" Jess shouted.