Royal (Part 1)

Everybody was on a rush. The clattering sounds of utensils was all the tiny people could hear. Some of them were polishing massive plates when some of the servants carving the surface of the porcelain, filling the carved areas with liquidated gold. Although the craftsmanship was beautiful and elegant, it was taking a lot of time to make it right. The workers were in a hurry to finish the plates as soon as possible because of the sudden arrival of the Princess.

Alyssa quickly entered into the kitchen, wiping the sweat on her forehead with the back of her hand.

"Does anybody need help?" She shouted.

"Yeah! You can help by carrying these decorations." A woman shouted back.

Alyssa shook her head as she started walking through the massive workplace. The woman that talked to her was Caroline. Although she was one of her superiors, she was also her friend. Yet, when they are in the middle of working on something, Caroline always ordered her around and Alyssa was used to it.

Alyssa ran straight towards the large door, smiling as she was wearing pants today. If she decided to wear a dress, it would be ruined by today's stress and tempo. Alyssa stopped to carch her breath for a second as she finally reached the door. This was one of the many tunnels which connects the rooms in the Wall all together.

The Wall, as the name suggests, was actually a real wall. Tiny servants were living inside the castle's walls, in order to complete their duties in the most feasible and practical way. When they decided to be servants, they needed to leave their old lives and dedicate themselves to the royalty only. For their ambition and commitment, the King and Queen would take good care of them and provide accommodation. To Alyssa, it was not a bad deal. She didn't have anything to do with the King and the Queen, she had heard that they were not bad people when it comes to tinies. Though, it was still hard to be a servant who was just 3 or 4 inches tall.

Alyssa kept running through the tunnels. It haven't passed much time since she came here but she was starting to get used to the complex tunnels. Well, she was just starting...

Alyssa slowed down her pace. As she saw a construction. There were rubbles, wood and bricks everywhere. She frowned as she looked around, there weren't anybody in the area. It was clear that this construction tend to be the continuation of the tunnel. Yet, this is a very odd place to dig up since it was the middle of another tunnel. Inside of the wall was delicate and it needed to be measured well to not cause any disaster. Usually, there are a procedure for the length of a tunnel but it didn't match up at the moment.

Alyssa swallowed. She was getting late but she couldn't help but getting intrigued about what could possibly be behind the new route.

Alyssa touched the wall and her fingers wandered around the broken pieces of wood. She was always so curious about building and crafting yet they never let her to be a part of it because she was a girl.

Alyssa sighed deeply as she got into the tunnel.
——————
When Alyssa finally reached the end of the route, she could see that light was coming through. It has been a while since she saw natural lighting because of the time she was spending inside of the Wall. Sure, there were some spaces for tinies to get fresh air but Alyssa really disliked seeing how small she was compared to her circumstances.

The tunnel did not have a door, it was open. Alyssa peeked from the whole before she let out a gasp. She was inside of a massive room. She have never been inside the chambers before.  It was a breathtaking experience.

Alyssa took shaky steps on the wooden surface as her eyes started examining the room. She was actually standing on a large table. There were pens that were taller than her, and ink bottles that she could swim inside. As she kept walking, she realized there was a small wooden mechanism on the table. It had a rope inside of it that is going directly into a hole in the Wall. She wondered its purpose.