Cruel (Part 1)

She could hear the clattering noises.
She could hear the sounds of heavy breathing.
She could hear me.

My violent heartbeats were like a sickening drum.

I tried to take in deep breaths, trying to stay silent just so she could leave me alone. Yet, I didn't have the hope for it.

She wouldn't let this go. Not this time.

The ground shook again with the harsh step of the giantess.

"I know you're there," She murmured, getting closer to the cabinet. If she opened it, I would not have anywhere to go. She would catch me for sure.

Holding my breath, I ran towards one corner of the cabinet and hid behind the small space between the plates and glass. I crouched down and curled up instantly. This way, I was making my body seem smaller. Or maybe it was just an instinct, I did not have the slightest idea.

A loud thud followed the footsteps and the cabinet swung open. Closing my eyes shut, I waited for my captor's hand to engulf me.
———————
Natalia's eyes searched inside the cabinet. It seemed quite empty. Even if someone was there, she would have seen it, the glasses were transparent. Natalia cocked a brow as she gazed down towards the plates. Her large hands gripped the sides of the mountain of plates and started to push them away.

The little girl just stood there silently as her body was unable to move. She could hear the sound of porcelain hitting against each other as her hideout was getting discovered by the giant.

When the plates finally got removed, Daisy heard a groan coming on top of her.

"F*ck, I knew it."

Clearly, Natalia was not pleased to see a small invader inside her house. These little things did not have any difference from pests. They were just smarter and more human-like than bugs, that's all. However, it did not change how they lived. They were living off by people like Natalia. They were trying to share her home.

Natalia just hated borrowers, shifters, or whatever the society decided to call them. She hated that they were invading her privacy.

On the other hand, Daisy just wanted to get something to eat. Her trembling body was almost just skin and bones. If she was not wearing a baggy shirt, Natalia could see how thin she actually was. Although, Daisy doubted that the giantess would have cared about that.

Daisy slowly opened her eyes as the room became silent. When she finally dared to lift her head, she met the furious gaze of the giantess. Her ocean-coloured eyes were examining her. Daisy thought that if she stared longer at them, she could've gotten lost in their darkness. Thus, her lashes resembled arrows that are ready to stab into the girl's heart when she closed her eyes. She did not have any solution than to keep eye contact. Daisy did not even dare to take a breath as she was imprisoned in the giantess' fierce gaze.

"You..." Natalia said as she put the plates onto the counter, making the little girl shake even more after the terrible noise.

"Did you think that you can fool me?"

A wicked smile appeared on her face.

"I knew a pest like you were living in my house," She looked directly into the girl's teary eyes. Daisy wanted to say something, to apologize, but nothing was coming out of her mouth as she was so scared of the giantess.

Please...please let me go.

"But I waited...waited for you to disappear,"

Natalia got closer to the cabinet as she straightened up even more. Her height was unimaginable. She was taller than mountains and there wasn't anything scarier than her furrowed brows. Daisy felt like she took the role of the Greek hero, Prometheus. The one that stole fire from the gods and now she was being punished by Zeus, the greatest god amongst them. However, the reality was way more pathetic than that; the poor girl just wanted to have something to eat. Yet, she could not compete with a god's wrath in this state.