Royal (Part 2)

Alyssa wanted to throw up.

This can't be real.

She kept running through the corridors inside the Wall, hoping to see a familiar face. Though, everyone was still in a hurry to prepare for the day.

"Caroline!" Alyssa shouted when she finally entered to kitchen.

"Where's Caroline?"

Her eyes wandered around the massive room. As her eyes scanned the whole area, the gigantic plates at the center of the room, all of the vegetables inside wooden boxes, chopped meat at the right, and last but not least, the section where chefs worked. Her friend was one of the chefs and she was so good at it. She was not like Alyssa. Alyssa was not good at cooking nor cleaning. She was just there for more undesirable and more physical jobs. Though, she was not complaining.

"Caroline!"

"Alyssa?" The redhead said as she gripped the cloth on the counter.

"What's going on?" Caroline gazed downwards, at the newly-kneaded dough and threw the cloth on it.

"We need to talk. Now." She tried to say strictly yet her voice was trembling.

"Ally, I'm the middle of something-"

"Please, just five minutes, okay? I wouldn't have come to you if it wasn't that urgent."

"I need you."

Tears were forming around Alyssa's eyes and it was a view that Caroline could not easily resist.

"Okay, okay. Go to the second tunnel on the West side, I'm coming in ten minutes."

Alyssa nodded while she whispered a small "thank you". Then she started walking through the other side, disappearing inside the tunnels.

After a while, Caroline caught up to Alyssa. They were at one of the compartments of West side, where the rooms and houses took place. Both of the women were staying here, but they had different rooms. By being a chef, Caroline had more priorities like having her own room where Alyssa was staying with a roommate.

Alyssa patted onto the bench that she was sitting, smiling bitterly at Caroline. Although it seemed that she had calmed herself a bit, it was clear that all of the pain had not gone away just yer.

Caroline sighed deeply as she set the candle in her hands into a dent in the stone wall, sitting beside Alyssa.

"So, what's going on? I became really worried about you."

Alyssa was not looking at her. Her gaze had fixated on her lap. She seemed so tired that her back was hunched. She cupped her own face, closing her eyes. That was the very moment that she finally broke into tears.

"I-I don't know what to do..."

"Woah," Caroline mumbled. She was not expecting something like that at all.

She caressed Alyssa's back in an attempt to soothe her.

"Easy, calm down. Just talk to me, I'm sure we can find a way out."

Alyssa smiled bitterly as tears glistened in her eyes. They created an illusion of colour by lightening her dark blue eyes.

"Not this time, Carrie, not this time..."

She swallowed hard before turning to Caroline.

"I accidentally entered to Princess's room."

"What? What were you doing there for god's sake!"

"I...I don't know, I was just curious about the tunnel and I entered in it."

Caroline cursed as a growl came out from her lips.