The Will of The Queen (Part 5)

More of a plot chapter, next chaper will have major G/t content.

You can also follow my second account MadameeChaos for more content of  The Will of The Queen and other types of stories!
——————-
The wind was strong enough to ruffle the leaves on the ground. The golden-colored leaves were the ones to claim the arrival of the spring. The garden was looking messy because of all these different coloured leaves but they were also the sign of change. The transition to something rougher, something more troublesome. Winter was covering up all of its mistakes with a cover so pure and white. But every leaf was on display when it came to spring.

That's why the howling wind made Elizabeth shiver so much, the breeze was coming from somewhere cold and unknown. It was blowing all of her hair off, making the coldest thoughts sink into her skin.

She flinched back when her fiancée's hand traced on her back to offer her some comfort but Elizabeth would have preferred to shake his hand off her shoulder. However, maybe she actually needed some support. But could she take the hand of a hunter who can easily talk about all of the torture that he had caused? Someone who ripped off an angel's wings without giving a second thought?

Someone who Elizabeth wanted to be before hearing her brother's name from Cassandra's lips?

No, she shouldn't think about Felix that way, he was just doing his job.

Elizabeth sharply turned her gaze to him as he gently squeezed her shoulder.

"Are you okay? You seem nervous."

She cupped her hand onto Felix's, slowly lifting it off her shoulder.

"Yeah, I'm fine..." She looked away once she snuggled into her silk jacket. It was looking elegant but it was not helpful to keep her warm. Her grey dress had also started to annoy her, how do women pull off wearing these uncomfortable dresses all the time? She would've chosen to wear something else if she was not being forced to go to the grand chamber because of Felix's arrival.

"It's just..." Elizabeth rubbed her hands together anxiously.

"You know, I do always get nervous when it comes to meeting up with your parents."
She wasn't completely lying to him. Indeed, Elizabeth did not want to be near him after she found out that he was selling body parts of angels. Although, he had just awoken a tinge of curiosity inside of her. She needed to learn more about the black market. Elizabeth couldn't believe how limited her knowledge was even though she was the princess. How she was going to rule the land when everything stayed hidden from her?

"Oh, come on," Felix huffed, blowing off a few off his curly locks on his forehead.
"They're not that bad, you're always exaggerating."

He slid his hand to the pockets of his green trousers, looking down with puppy eyes. Talking about his parents had always been enough to affect him.

"They like you, Liz. You're just trying to make everything harder."

Elizabeth didn't care if he was trying to sound soothing or anything because when it came to Felix's parents, she knew that she couldn't be able to trust him.

Her fiancee was the perfect son-or grandson- that everyone wanted to have. He had strong opinions about war and he was good at strategizing. But that was also the main problem with him; he was nothing more than someone who had been born to be used. Someone who's only "raison d'être" was serving to people who he looked up to. It was admirable, the effort that Felix was putting through. And the way he showed respect to the elders, especially to Aldous.