Midnight Talk-2

Claire jumped onto the sofa, accidentally dropping the remote on to the floor. She quickly bent down and grabbed it, turning on the television with a joyful smile on her face.

"Hurry up! It's about the start!" She shouted to Rose, who was preparing some snacks for them. They had binge-watched a season of a series and it was the premiere of two episodes of the new season.

The blond girl chuckled as she grabbed a bowl full of popcorn. She set it onto the table before going back into the kitchen to get their drinks.

Claire laid down and snuggled into the blanket. Then she grabbed the bowl and placed it on her lap, waiting for Rose to join her.

When the blond girl finally returned with two glasses of champagne, she had a dark expression on her face. It was most likely to be mistaken as curiosity but there was something different beyond her pretty brown eyes.

Rose settled onto the couch while passing one of the drinks to Claire.

"Cheers, then." She chuckled.

"Cheers!" The brunette said as they bumped their glasses to each other.

Claire took a sip from the golden coloured liquid, eager to feel its sweet taste. But instead, she realized it was a bit sour.

"Huh," she huffed.

Looking over to Rose, she thought that she was the problem because Rose wasn't showing any sign of disgust. Maybe her friend had just picked up the wrong champagne? Claire didn't have any idea, but she wasn't willing to ruin her night over something so stupid. So the brunette loosened up herself as she took another sip from her drink. She was getting used to the sharp taste of the champagne as the seconds passed.

But she couldn't concentrate on the show. She was feeling dizzy, to be exact, her head had started throbbing. A few amounts of alcohol couldn't make her drunk. She was capable to consume a bottle of vodka and a few beers before being completely drunk.

So why Claire was feeling like she would fall asleep all of a sudden?

The brunette suddenly made a move to get up and get a glass of water. But Rose was strong enough to put her back in her place.

Claire's view had become blurry, she couldn't understand what was happening around her. She couldn't see Rose either although she was feeling her strong grip on her shoulder.

But something wasn't right.

Claire tried to turn her head to her friend as her whole body started to tremble. She couldn't move a single muscle. It was hard to keep her eyes open.

Meanwhile, Rose was watching Claire with a puzzled look. She slowly pulled away her hand from Claire's shoulder as she realized she no longer needed to do it. The blond girl slowly reached to her own glass of champagne and tasted its sweet flavour. She didn't know what to feel about what she had done to Claire. But something inside of her had pushed her to do it, something that she couldn't quite ignore.

Her fear.

Rose couldn't believe that she was still scared of Claire, her new roommate. It had been 2 months after her captor returned her to normal size and they started to live together in this pandemic. Rose had forgiven her a long time ago, or she had thought she had forgiven her captor.

Her breath hitched. What she was doing? Was it the right thing to do?

Rose clutched her head in her hands as she turned her gaze away from Claire's pathetic form. She didn't want to watch it. If she did it, she was likely to give up and make a move to return her to normal in an instant.