Camera & Action (Part 1)

For the first time in a while, Cinema Club was as silent as a desert. Tension was the only thing that filled up the air, alongside the heavy breathing of one of the girls. Everybody was looking at each other in confusion and fear, waiting someone to state the inevitable.

"Is it really the only way?" Aria said as she leaned against the desk. Although she was the most courageous of all of the members of the club, she still lacked the confidence on this subject.

"Uh," Lexi said as she bit down on her lip, examining the room with her dovey eyes. Her hands felt so cold as she rubbed them against each other.

"I don't want to admit it but...yeah."

"But why?" Aria replied, cocking a brow at her.

"Why we need to use her? Can't we just come up with something by using Adobe or After Effects or something?"

Aria turned to other side of the room as she heard a groan.

"Ari, we can't turn the film on time." Zoey said sharply.

"How much time we have left?" Aria asked, looking at the chocolate-skinned girl.

"We just have two weeks left before the contest. And...you know, I suppose that even the editing would take at least a week, so we need to act quick about it." Zoey said, trying to stay calm. She was so tired of arguing and planning the project out. As the Cinema Club, they were participating to a short-film contest every year. This year's theme was "Fantasy", and they couldn't do anything on time as they have been dealing with their midterms all month. Both Zoey and Aria had been able to take break from all of their classes, yet, Lexi still had two midterms left at the end of the week. And by the fact that Lexi was the one with the knowledge of using the after effects, the group was doomed to find another way.

"What if she denies it? I mean, have you ever spoken to her? She's so intimidating..." Lexi said in fear as she swallowed hard. Even the thought of Ruby Richards was enough to sent a shiver through the pink-haired girl's spine.

Even though Ruby Richards was an attractive and slim girl, her secret is the mere thing that scared everyone. Behind her friendly look of short wavy blonde hair, lush lips, and light brown eyes, Ruby was the definition of danger. None of the students-even teachers-wanted to mess with her.

However, the Cinema Club would be stupid enough to ask her for a favor.

"I don't know. If she refuses, we'll find another way." Aria said sternly, gazing both at the blonde and the dark-haired girl. She crossed her arms on the chest as she waited for her words to settle the tension.

"Like we always do." She smiled softly.

"But first, we have to try the easy way."

Zoey gazed directly at Aria for a few seconds before she rolled her eyes, looking away.

"Whatever," She said, frowning.

"Come on," Aria smiled a little, trying to get the mood up.

"We're just going to talk to her, what can go wrong?"

"A lot, actually." Zoey responded.

"Uh, I think we are safe as long as we don't anger her," Lexi said timidly.

"I don't want to be known as one of Ruby's victims, to be honest."

Aria took a deep breath and slowly let it out. She was tired of Lexi's gutlessness and Zoey's stubbornness. She needed to take the matters into her own hands.

"Alright then," She said, raising her sky-coloured gaze to the girls once again.

"I'll go talk to her. You don't have to come with me."