Royal (Part 5)

Laura was breathing heavily when she had left the room. Her hand was on the doorknob, absentmindedly squeezing the hard surface. She stood there for a while until her hold brought cramps to her fingers. She exhaled deeply and opened her hand, flexing her fingers one by one as she observed her hand. She had never examined her hands by the size. After holding Alyssa, everything had earned another meaning to it.

Laura started walking through the long corridors of the castle. She passed the kitchen and went straight towards to the room next to it. Although she was still having trouble to adjust to this foreign place, she had figured out which places would be useful for her. And this room was one of them. It was one of the connection points, which unites the Wall and the castle.

With a shy expression and tensed body, Laura lightly pushed the door and entered the room. The room was not too big. It just had a wooden door, near 2 feet tall, which encircled by some carvings. Thus, there was also a bell that was dangling from the upper left side of the doorframe. It has been a while since Laura had used this door. She already had a similar one to this. Yet, she had not wanted to call a medic right in front of Alyssa. She had not wanted to talk about the "accident" right in front of the victim.

Laura held the rope under the bell and shook it. The loud voice of ringing filled up the room as Laura settled down on a chair. She started waiting for someone to come and meet her.

After a couple of minutes, the door got opened by a tiny man.

"Your highness," He bowed in front of Laura.

"How can I serve you?"

Laura took a deep breath.

"Get me Caroline. Tell her that I want to see her."

"Of course, your highness. I'll be right back." The man mumbled as he pulled the door and got lost inside the Wall, once again.

Laura crossed her legs, moving one of them slightly as she nervously waited for the tiny women to arrive. She liked Caroline and not just because she knew that she was friends with Alyssa. Caroline seemed smart and she was good at coming with solutions. Alyssa was more free-spirited when Caroline was more grounded. Though, these were only Laura's observations about both women. She could not get to know any of them as a normal person or friend since they were servants. Yet, Laura liked the way that Caroline was not too frightened to speak to her like a normal person. This was one of the qualities that the redhead shared with Alyssa.

As Laura dealt with many thoughts, the small door got opened and the giantess turned her gaze as she heard the sound of the bell. With hands connected in front of her and tensed shoulders, there was Caroline.

"Good to see you, Caroline." Laura said softly.

"Thanks, your highness." Caroline managed to give her a small smile. She bowed on one knee, greeting the Princess as a procedure.

"What's the problem? How can I help you?"

"Well," Laura nervously rubbed the back of her neck, leaning against the table that Caroline was standing on.

"I want you to send a medic to my room."

Laura clenched her jaw. Her eyes were fixated on Caroline's, trying to catch any emotion that would be carved into her face as she hears about the news. With that much of a power, Laura couldn't help but think that her gaze should have felt as sharp as a hawk's. Though, her intention was not scaring Caroline. Not at all.

"For Alyssa."

Caroline's eyes widened with fear. She coughed a few times as she tried to suppress the sudden burst of emotion.