Forbidden (Part 2)

TW: Mentions of abuse, violence, and blood
———————-

She was in somewhere dark.

Somewhere forbidden and abandoned.

She was trying to make her way out of the forest by pushing and crushing the branches. Even their creaking under her foot was not enough to satisfy her. Liza was feeling breathless, she could pass out any minute.

The girl slowed her strides as she took in deep breaths. It was hard to understand where she was. Did she finally escape from the kingdom? Or she was a little lamb who's lost in the woods?

Liza knew it was the latter.

She quickly turned around when a booming sound echoed into the night.

Something was coming. Something big and strong. A beast that was powerful enough to stab the sky with a knife and let all the stars fall onto her. The sharp stars would immobilize her by thrusting through her shirt, leaving her with the beast.

If a story had a lamb, it also needed a wolf.

Liza let out a terrified scream when the ground shook. She tried to find a tree to hide behind but the moonlight would give everything away. She didn't even have a shadow to hide into.

She was stuck.

Liza fell onto her knees when a giant foot landed right beside her. It was massive. An entire family could make a house inside of the crater that the beast opened with one step.

The leaves had surrendered to the cold winter and the blowing wind, forcing Liza to curl up into a ball.

She closed her eyes, she didn't have anything better to do. She had no other choice than surrender.

Liza heard a peal of laughter. A cruel one.

After that, a gigantic hand landed upon her. The beast dug its nails into the grass, leaving Liza surrounded with fingers that are thick as a tree trunk. The fingers took the poor girl away with the little hill that she was standing on.

Liza hadn't seen a giant like this before. She was smaller than their pinky, she was as insignificant as a speck of dust.

That's when she saw their eyes.

No.

His eyes.

A pair of light blue lanterns was haunting the night.

"Please," She begged.

Like it meant something to him.

"Let me go."

He smiled, revealing his sharp teeth.

"I will find you." He whispered before he opened his mouth.

The lamb is always destined to be eaten by the wolf, am I right?

————————————-

Amber was fast to lift the sea of cloth over Liza.

"Are you okay?" She asked in worry.

Liza was trembling madly. She was sweating so badly that her face had turned red and her light brown eyes were shut.