Missed You

————-
Soft/Confrontation/Emotional
————
It's a fluffy one, just wait...
————

"Ding-ding!"

The bell rang as the door of the shop hit on it. The wooden door opened wide, revealing a woman who was gripping her purse tightly. She let herself in with a forced smile on her face. Her brown locks were trying to gather the attention draping on her shoulders but nothing could hide her discomfort at the moment.

She was looking around in a quick way as if she was a kid who had lost their favorite toy.

"Good evening, how can I help you?"

The woman's attention draws to the clerk who was kindly smiling at her.

She also faked a smile at him.

"I'm want to buy a tiny."

The clerk nodded.

"Do you have a specific type that you're willing to buy, miss?"

The brunette exhaled deeply as she nervously rubbed the back of her neck.

"Well, I actually came here to buy a specific tiny." She swallowed hard, just the thought of owning an actual human being was making her sick.

"I saw the girl on one of your ads and I thought I should come here to take a look at it."

The clerk's smile widened as he quickly nodded and made a gesture through the end of the hall.

"Here,"

The clerk started to walk beside the cages of little kittens and some sort of toys. It was clear to say that every step was making the woman uneasy yet she didn't want the clerk to see it.

They finally stopped in front of a large cage which contained nothing more than a blanket, a small cabinet, and a few cups in it. The clerk crossed his hands on his chest and sighed.

"I don't know is this the tiny you had in mind but that's all we can offer, I suppose."

The woman narrowed her eyes and bent over to the cage. It looked empty but when she actually paid attention, she saw the little movements beneath the blanket.

"What happened to the other ones? I don't know much about the market but I don't think that they get sold so quickly." She cocked a brow at him.

"Yes, it's true. The government made out a new law about helping the ones who had caught the disease. They are handing the rights of shrunken humans to the local pet shops if they're not wealthy enough to buy the medicine."

He chuckled while resting a hand on the glass ceiling of the cage. His action caused a small movement inside of the blanket.

"Well, I'm happy that the government is finally giving the victims their right to get medicine no matter the cause, but I don't know what they'll do with its backlash."

The brunette furrowed her brows, this conversation and the arrogant look on the clerk's face was starting to make her angry. But she tried to stay calm as she was eager to learn more.

"What do you mean by that?"

"You see," He tapped onto the glass once again, making the tiny inside of it startle with fear.

"The clients love these little things, there's an amount of demand that we can't quite ignore."

He gazed up at the ceiling like he was trying to remember a long lost memory.

"Some of the families get a tiny for their children to make them learn being responsible. Some of them like to have a pet or someone they can spend time with." He bit his lip and gazed down.