Chapter 15- Torn

Third Person's POV

It was a race of time for Team 13 before their enemies know their location so for now, they felt safe but no one among them felt at ease. Either Itsuki or Kenma could not focus on their training.

They couldn't improve in their training and kept being soaked in water. The girl supervising them noticed the anxiety in the boys' minds and sighed, drained out of chakra it puffed into a cloud of smoke.

Alexa was twisting and twirling Kenma's sword on her hand slicing through the air, making a high-pitched noise as it break the sound barrier. She was preparing herself for the upcoming battle. There were 15 Jonin ranked Iwa nins after them and they couldn't possibly defeat them all alone. They had to wait for their backup or if not they'll have to fight.

She turned her attention towards the two boys who were having a hard time grasping the method of walking on top of the water. They were no prodigies so it was expected, but they have to learn the technique no matter what. Opening and closing her hands she wondered how much time left they have before they reach the borders.

She looked at the setting sun and her eyes drooped a bit staring at it.

"It's so pretty!", she smiled at the princess who was standing beside her watching the glorious display of the sky in awe.

She smiled as she looked at the girl.

'I have to protect them...'

"Ne ne, Lhexi-san."

The purple-eyed girl raised her eyebrows still holding a smile on her face. "Hm?"

"Your eyes remind me of the sea!"

The girl slightly startled stroked her skin around her right eye and chuckled.

"How so, hime-sama?"

"I don't know. It was just like the sea to me. And please stop calling me that title. Just Shimizu.", Alexa nodded and looked forward before breathing a sigh of reluctance.

"Alright."

The princess looked at the girl before her, who was undiverted to the sea. She felt responsible for the mess that was occurring endangering innocent people's lives. She clasped her hands and unconsciously gripped them too hard enough for her nails to dig through her skin drawing blood. Tears trickled down her chin falling in drops on the wooden floor.

A soothing voice followed after. "Calm down, Shimizu.", she raised her head a little meeting her gorgeous eyes. "Don't worry, it's gonna be alright."

There was a look of skepticism in Shimizu's eyes as she stare down at her feet.

"This is all because of me...", she started. "If I never ran away and just accepted my fate it shouldn't have come down to this."

Alexa sighed and smiled bleakly at the child.

"Don't get entangled with measly things such as fate. You are the captain of your soul, no one has the right to tell you what to do except you.", the girl bewildered had her eyes widen. "Then, I'll have to check on those two dorks. Stay close to Aiko-sensei, for now."

Alexa patted Shimizu's head before walking past her who was frozen in place as the words she said replay in her mind like a tape. Looking back at the figure of the kunoichi with a newfound respect and admiration she muttered a silent thanks.

"You two, rest for now.", the boys looked at the girl walking towards them.

Itsuki and Kenma continued their training trying to master it as soon as they can.