Chapter 29

Alexa's POV

That man, will I meet him again? We live in the same building so, it's highly plausible, right?

Yesterday, I couldn't stop thinking about him and even right now. When Asuna said that she hated Kyuuji, what she probably really meant was that he hurted her. But, the problem is, she's not telling me the truth.

"--xi."

And this body wasn't scared at him. I used to be scared at Kakashi and the others, to the point that I was always close to passing out, but now, I don't know.

"--xi?"

"-xi!"

Don't tell me, could this girl possibly--

"ALEXA!", I was interrupted.

I took out my kunai. "What happened? Where's the enemy?"

"They're all around us. Lhexi, you were spacing out." Itsuki sighed.

"Oh.", I quickly placed back my kunai. "So, what are we gonna do now?"

My teammates both looked at me confused. "Didn't you said you had a plan?", Yuri asked as Itsuki deadpanned.

"Oh sorry, I forgot.", I closed my eyes trying to push away other thoughts. "Alright.", I opened my eyes. "The second exam, haven't officially started yet, but it doesn't mean we can't make a move now. Yuri-san, check for the other team's scroll."

She nodded activating her Byakugan. "From the hidden rain village, they're the weakest who have a heaven's scroll. The shortest one has it on his left pouch."

I looked at the three members from afar.

"They're our target now." Itsuki smirked.

"Just a reminder, avoid that team, especially that woman with long tongue." They both nodded in understanding. "And remember, if we ever get separated don't think twice and immediately run straight for the tower."

"She must be extremely dangerous for you, yourself to avoid her." Yuri stated.

I lowered my head. "Yeah. She's the most dangerous opponent in the Chunin exams. We have to be cautious at all times. Don't let your guard down."

Yuri's expression was serious. "Yeah. We got it."

"I'll make a move now." We both nodded at Itsuki.

He stood up and I watch at how he easily snatched the other team's scroll.

"He he. Look at these brats, cheating even before the exam starts."

Yuri stumbled back at Anko's presence behind me.

"It's not part of the rule. Blame them for being so naive."

She smirked at what I said, before pointing a kunai on my neck.

"Maggots. Your team is disqualified now. If you resist I'll slice your neck, little one."

I internally smiled. "Ehh...can't I bribe you with Dango?"

I heard her laugh as she pat my head as the sharp tip of the kunai graze my skin.

"You're interesting, kid. But, that type of trick doesn't work on me."

"How about I tell you the location of the one who gave you that hickey?"

She tensed up and I could feel her bloodlust leaking out. "How'd you know about the curse mark?", she asked, leaning to my ear.

"I have a fair share of information, care to exchange with me?", I turned around facing her. She removed the kunai on my neck. "I'll tell you the where bouts of your teacher."