Chapter 45

Sakura hummed to herself as she looks around the Yamanaka shop. She enjoyed staring at the flowers of different kinds and colors, their sweet scent attracting her a bit.

Ino watched her from the counter with curious eyes while resting her chin on her palm. “You look in a good mood today, am I missing something?”

The pink haired girl merrily beamed before pointing at the red tulips. “I’ll get two of these.”

“I’m asking you a question!”, the blonde went mad, a little infuriated for getting ignored. She sighed before gently wrapping the red flowers in a white clad of paper.

“Can you separate them?”, Sakura requested to which Ino complied albeit visibly annoyed.

“Who are you giving the other one for? I’m pretty sure Sasuke is not in the hospital.”

“I’m giving one to Lee-san. The other is for Lhexi to congratulate her for getting discharged.”

Ino blinked her eyes, a little surprised. “You mean that weird guy with those bushy eyebrows?”

“He’s not weird at all!”, Sakura retaliated earning a sweat drop from her friend.

“Alright, alright. I’m sorry okay?”

Sakura tucked the flowers in her arms, careful not to rip them.

“By the way Sakura, I heard from Shikamaru, Lhexi got promoted to Chunin recently. Is that true?”

The pinkette scratched her chin, thinking. “Hm. Kakashi-sensei said something about her joining our team but, getting promoted to Chunin? I don’t really know but, probably…it’s Lhexi we’re talking about here.”

Ino slammed her hands on the table removing her apron as she approaches Sakura who was bewildered. “Wait! Wait! Wait! Lhexi is placed on team 7?!”

She gripped tightly on Sakura’s shoulders and the latter flinched a little.

“Y-yeah. Lady Tsunade informed us yesterday.”

Ino backed away shocked and betrayed. “That’s so unfair! You two get to be on the same team as Sasuke-kun! What about me?! I’m stuck with a fatso and a lazy bum!” She cried and Sakura patted her back sympathizing.

The Yamanaka playfully smacked away her arm and Sakura continuously teased her. They run in circles inside the shop, playing a game of tag.

“Get back here! You billboard brows!”

“Try to catch me if you can, Ino-pig.”, Sakura sticks her tongue out, the two threw horrible nicknames at each other only stopping to get a rest.

“It’s been a while since we’ve done that…haah.”

Sweat dribbled on their skin as they wipe away the saline liquid. They sat on the ground with their back resting against the wall, facing the glass windows.

“Hey, Sakura. Aren’t you worried?”

“About what?”

“You know, Lhexi has been really popular back in the academy for her good looks. Not lying, she’s really pretty and sweet. She’s strong too. Did you watch her fight against that waterfall ninja during the Chunin Exams? She really beat the crap out of that frost guy. As if we have a chance against someone like her. How unfair, she has everything I don’t!”, she gritted her teeth in jealousy.

It was unacceptable that someone was perfect and it wasn’t her.

“Sasuke-kun likes girls with long hair, right? What if he falls for her…wouldn’t that be a little too much for us? Especially for you?”, Ino glanced a worried gaze on Sakura whose smile didn’t falter.