Chapter 35

Alexa's POV

"Die."

As soon as he uttered those words, I lifted my finger slightly and he was hanging midair, that small distraction let him free me. His absolute sand defense wasn't quick on its tail to protect him.

"What...?", he looked around.

A glint of silver wires were revealed as they reflect the light of the crescent shaped moon. They were all stationed everywhere and every single one of them was connected with my index finger.

I massaged my sore neck a little as I stood still.

"When?", he asked delirious.

"I placed them earlier as soon as you attacked me."

I could see him recalling the previous scenes.

He gritted his teeth as he moved his sand around.

"Don't move.", I warned.

A sadist look could be seen on his face and I immediately tightened the wires wrapped around him and he groaned in pain.

He still continued to trash around and I threw a kunai his way, encircling him with a wire but, this time they were attached with numerous paper bombs. Kakashi-sensei is full of tricks, I just learned from him.

"YOU BASTARD!", he screamed.

"Try one more time and you will definitely explode to bits.", I tried to cover my voice with menace.

"THIS MEASLY THING WILL NOT STOP ME!"

How noisy.

I don't have any much reason to kill him but, if he does try to hurt me in any way, I won't hesitate.

Sand swiveled around me. He's still fighting?

"Shall we find out who's faster, your sand or your death?", I taunted.

He gritted his teeth once again before he closed his eyes, I could feel his chakra calming a little.

"I get it. Put me down."

I retaliated a little in my mind. I walked outside the narrow alleyway towards the street, just to be sure.

His sand moved away from me dispersing to his gourd and I nodded as I cut down the wires around him. He jumped down and we locked eyes.

He seems to be calm but, I don't wanna agitate him further.

A rock was suddenly thrown at him and his sand blocked it as he look to the side.

My eyes widened.

"DON'T HURT NEECHAN!"

That useless clone!

Did I just roasted myself?

Gaara clutched his head in pain.

"AAARRGGHHH!!"

'Is it Shukaku?'

Dust particles were accumulated, the building around us either cracked or crumbled down and I don't think I could stop them on time. I'm running out of chakra. I run to Konohamaru as fast as my feet could take me.

"Baka..!", I hissed before enclosing him in my arms, protecting him from the sand that was heading our way in a second.

Anxiety build up in my stomach and I could only wait for the impact.

I closed my eyes and I could hear Konohamaru crying on my shirt.

I felt a cold wave of air and I couldn't seem to feel any pain nor dirt. I fluttered my eyes open and saw Konohamaru and I safe.