Chapter 49

Naruto wasn't a real fan of sweets, heck his whole body is practically made of 75 percent ramen. But, now that his stomach is growling loud after spending half of the day not eating anything, added with depleting his chakra after creating hundreds of clones. No more words to explain, his whole body shut down.

He didn't have his bag or his scrolls, he all left them on the spot where he left Lhexi after she took a long and boring conversation with a Samurai. He just wanted to stroll around as he continue his search. He just can't leave his feet doing nothing.

The town doesn't have any ramen shops nor do they sell ramen cups and he somehow ended up inside a Dango restaurant. Being all hungry and exhausted, he didn't have the option to choose no.

Hesitantly he grabbed a stick of Dango, the sauce dripping on the plate. Gulping down his saliva, he closed his eyes before taking a bite off a whole chunk.

His whole face went purple, scurrying to swallow the sweetness overload in his mouth.

"Bleh! Too sweet!", he gagged.

He really shouldn't have split with Lhexi to find the man named Fukunaga faster. The four of them were grouped into two and he was teamed up with Lhexi. It was a really bad idea to go off on his way, now he don't know where he was.

It's been two hours already and now he's become a lost child. He heard an annoying sound coming from the ceiling right above him, a lizard staring at him down.

He sighed, face planting his cheek against the table, moving the plate away. "Lhexi-chan...", he mumbled, starving and tired.

He closed his eyes, and when he opened his eyelids he saw a white and warm meat bun in front of him.

"You called?", the familiar face of Lhexi came to view, her head tilted to the side, her hair hanging down the left side of her neck.

His big blue eyes shined and sparkled before he wiped the tears on the corners of his eyelids. "Hehe...you're here...!"

"Mattaku, what do I do with you? Always doing whatever you want...", She ruffled his hair, giving the warm snack to him.

"How did you find me anyway?", he asks before taking a bite.

Lhexi flicked Naruto's forehead with her finger as always, a habit she created over time before placing her forefinger on her lips. "It's a secret.", she winked.

"After you eat, let's continue the search."

Naruto nodded his head, for his mouth was full. Lhexi tapped her fingers on the table as she rests her chin on her knuckle watching Naruto eat in front of her.

"You're...a really interesting fellow...", Lhexi muttered under her breath. Naruto looked up from what he's eating, giving a confused look. "Everything you do...always sucks me in..."

"What ya mean Lhexi-chan?", the perplexed Naruto questions after swallowing down his last bite, drinking a cup of jasmine tea afterward.

Lhexi flicks Naruto's forehead once again and the boy instantly recognized it as a secret. "Lhexi-chan you're so mean...!", he pouted.

"Hai hai, gomenasai Naruto-sama. Now then, let's go.", she beckoned after placing the bill on the table. "We need to hurry or those two will find Fukunaga-san before us."

On the other side of the town, Sasuke was drinking a bottle of water to hydrate his dry throat. He had been asking around the town for the past four hours with no luck.

He heard trudges beside him and was side-eyed to see Sakura shaking her head in disappointment.

"Not on that side either, huh?", he muttered to himself.