Chapter 16- Life

Staring lifelessly out of the open window, watching the trees slightly swing back and forth was the boy's routine ever since they arrived back in the village together with other Jonins. The door slid open, and the female nurse came in holding a checkboard on her right arm.

She sighed at the sight of the emotionless boy staring outside the window to nowhere in particular.

"Itsuki-kun?", like any other day, she tried to start a conversation only to be ignored once again.

"Itsuki-kun...?", as time passed, she found herself unable to at least help the boy cope up with the death of his best friend. Beginning to lose hope in her patient, she also began to surrender.

Placing the checkboard down, she began unwrapping the bandages on his arms and proceeded to change them with new ones. No conversation sparked between them, just a lingering silence. Silently stepping out of the room after leaving a complete set of black clothes, she head towards the doctor's office to give her report.

Itsuki blinked his eyes and shifted to the drawer next to his bed. Bending over he pulled the handle and looked at the picture frame for more than a minute before closing the drawer again and leaned on the headboard, as he close his eyes.

A certain jonin watched him from behind the doors with a solemn expression. The look on the face of the genin made her remember the faces of countless shinobis who also lost a loved one in their lives. At some point, she understood him for she too lost someone very important. She was just waiting for a chance where she can open the locked doors to his heart only a remaining certain person can unlock.

Walking towards a room, to the third floor, she placed her fingers on the transparent glass, as if stroking the face of the still unconscious girl in the ICU. Out of all of them, she received the most injuries, moreover overused her chakra to near depletion causing her to be in a coma-like state.

Using Ninjutsus after Ninjutsus, straining her body to the maximum level, getting herself hurt, she broke her limit and leaped to a completely new level just to protect them. And yet, one of them died.

She couldn't bear to even imagine the look on her face when she wakes up to find her bright and cheery teammate gone. She was scared she might blame herself for the actions she took.

Looking down, she departed towards the Hokage's office to talk about the current situation of team 13, missing the slight twitch by the girl's finger.

It was raining, on the day of his funeral.

As if the clouds too were mourning for his death.

His friends consisting of civilians and ninjas were mostly present. One by one placing a white flower on his grave.

Alexa's POV

I...

I was awoken from a dream-no, more like a nightmare. Constantly thinking that I only have one purpose in this life, in this world, which is to enact revenge, I only view my goal, making me forget about something very important.

When I saw his body slowly losing its life, it hit me hard. What was this feeling? Why does it feel familiar for some reason? Something was torturing me inside my heart and my mind but it wasn't the same as that physical pain. For some reason, I couldn't control my body, my head was a jumble of words and thoughts unorganized totally unlike my usually calm demeanor.

Before I knew it, I showed a human side of me. My vision was hazy, as I trash around and hastily removed everything that was attached to my body. I heard something beeping loudly, I look towards the machine then to the door which suddenly opened revealing people in white coats.